Insightful interview with Matt Goom

• For my internet radio show, I covered a festival an hour from my home town. I interviewed about nine bands including the excellent Black Stone Cherry, Therapy?, Girlschool, but the one that was most interesting was the 23 minutes I spent with Glenn's drummer, Matt Goom.

A highly intelligent guy with a great sense of humour, Matt and I go back a while on the road on the Glenn European tours. We were supposed to be talking about his current band, The Quireboys who btw did a great set. Glenn advised him wisely it seems about his career. Here's my review.

http://getreadytorock.com/reviews2011/11hardrockhell.htm

But I have to say that it was cathartic talking to a fellow Glenn Hughes fan in depth about the man, his music and his renewed success. I haven't played the whole thing back yet as I am on my travels to London again soon. But once the show has been aired on Sunday, and with David and Shirean's permission, I would like to share it with you on here.

I am not claiming it is an exclusive, it's just two guys enthusing about Glenn as an artist. Just four minutes of it is included on Sunday's show about two thirds in at 21.00 GMT until 22.00 which is I think 14.00 in LA and 16.00 Eastern:-

http://www.getreadytorockradio.com/keith_thompson.htm

So Part Two will be here after Sunday when I get back :)

• Keith, nice to see you give Pat McManus a great review.

"McManus proceeded with one of the best displays of blues guitar playing I have seen since Gary Moore in his prime. The ballad, 'Diamond in the Rough' would move a showroom dummy. Smile? I nearly raised a lighter!"

i saw him when he was a young boy (me too!) playing in Mama's Boys way back in the early 80's supporting Thin Lizzy on the Thunder and Lightning Tour. He amazed the crowd with his playing back then and I thought they were destined for greatness. Tragic what happened to his brother. So glad he picked up the guitar again after a long time out.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!