Too Late To Save The World
    Imperfection
    Satellite
    Crossfire
    Little Secret
    Faithless
    I Don't Want To Live That Way Again

Cold

• What a great selection of songs; both varied and extensive!
    Personally I am looking forward to From Now On, as this will be a great reminder of when I first saw Glenn in Wolverhampton on that tour. Holy Man will be cool too.
    Cant wait for the Manchester show. Bring it on!!

• 'From now On' was superb.

Didn't play 'I Found a Woman' but hope he plays it in Nottingham as it's my wife's fave and her Birthday that day!!

Can you hear my plea 'G' ?!!

As they say...'It was emotional'

mikey 'the bass it don't lie' D

• :cool: what a killer-setlist! What a tsunamie of emotions, damn that i can not be there. I wish Glenn and the other fans who are comin' together a great time!

regards
    Sigurd
    ;)

• Just a wonderful evening with such a great 'host' & an appreciative audience.

Glenn played a couple of hours of superb music, telling anecdotes & quotes from the book. Glenn is a very funny guy & it was a pleasure to get to see him after the show, albeit briefly, due to the very long line of people who understandably wanted to see the great man :thumbup:
    As usual, nothing is too much trouble to Glenn for his fans & doubtless he was signing & chatting away well after we got back to our hotel :lol:

Those that are lucky enough to make it tonight & so on are in for a treat........enjoy!!

• Yesss...that was such a fantastic evening, I'm still enjoying it soo much just thinking of it!
    Came home an hour ago after flying back to Berlin today, working and another evening out. Think I will sleep now like a stone, still sorting out all the impressions, pictures, melodies, lyrics, emotions, jokes and my first time being able to say "Hello!" to Glenn. I really adored his patience signing all the books and other stuff like records, etc. Always having some nice words for the people and ready for a memory shot when a fan asked for it.

Damn, I wish I could join another evening like that...

Oh...I'm swearing again. Yes, that was another little secret told when Glenn said that Gabi likes to swear as well. We all know that he does but I loved to hear that she does, too. And all the other little stories out of the book and told additional were just great to hear. Even some dark passages were read by him so funny that I had to laugh a lot.

And the songs...gheeee...I just hoped I wouldn't lose my lower jaw. Fantastic setlist, I think every song on it was a favourite of mine, only the "Golden One" was missing...sniff...but maybe that would have been too much for me, so I was more than happy with the song selection.

Hughesy, you were awesome! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• As Mikey says, 'I Found A Woman' wasn't in the show which is one of my favourites but would have been so apt when he spoke about Gabi, and of course the difference she's no doubt made to his life ... apart from the swearing! :lol: If I never saw GH perform live again I would die happy with the beautiful memory of him performing 'I Don't Wanna Live That Way Again' - beautiful, poignant and quite emotional. Jennifer loves that song, too. I heard 'Frail' in a completely different way after he spoke about Nelly, his maternal grandmother, and after reading his book a week earlier. 'So Much Love To Give' springs to mind. The last time I heard 'Seafull' was in Cambridge, way back in ? - loved it, loved it, loved it (when 'Blue Jade' was also performed - jaw-dropping! :bow:).

Joel McIver gave a great intro and lots of people were chatting away with him after the show. Nice to see Gabi again after quite a few years, and Matt Goom, and said a quick hello. I sat next to a lovely guy called Tony who'd seen GH 'millions of times' and who commented on 'the energy of the guy' and added that he 'wished he would slow down though.' But after reading the autobiography that surely would never happen.

Absolutely loved the acoustic show, and absolutely wonderful to spend so much quality time with geosoulberlin (Heidi) - she even 'got' my northern humour!

• The last time I heard 'Seafull' was in Cambridge, way back in ? - loved it, loved it, loved it (when 'Blue Jade' was also performed - jaw-dropping! :bow:).

Seafull was one of my favs, I also just love this song and it was so great performed that it has to be on a cd/dvd or whatever will/might be made in this acoustic style.
    Until then you will see a closeup fan version on YT by the weekend :thumbup:

Absolutely loved the acoustic show, and absolutely wonderful to spend so much quality time with geosoulberlin (Heidi) - she even 'got' my northern humour!

Oh yes, I absolutely loved this show as well and definitely have to return the compliment, sista! :D
    Well, being originally from the north of Germany I might just repeat that all northern lights seem to have a similar kind of humour :lol:
    (Don't they, Ypsilon?)

Will write a longer review about the London trip on the weekend as well and will try to bore everyone to death - describing in every detail my countless attempts to get Glenn's book in a London bookstore before the show to be 100% sure I would have it that evening. I swear that some bookstores will remember me, one has even got my mobile phone number for the case they would still find the only book they had left that day...:p

• Here are two more videos, "Seafull" and "You Keep On Moving".

It was an advantage to sit first row right in front of the stage but for the videos I would have preferred a better angle. Well, can't have it all, a short thought about sitting more to the back in the second half of the show went straight to the bin (don't even know if there were still seats available). Just for some better footage I wouldn't leave that seat so close to the stage as you might imagine...

• Oh yes, I absolutely loved this show as well and definitely have to return the compliment, sista! :D
    Well, being originally from the north of Germany I might just repeat that all northern lights seem to have a similar kind of humour :lol:
    (Don't they, Ypsilon?)

Yeah, absolutely :bouncer: Sometimes I think I should keep my mouth shut. And then I think: Oh, what the heck... :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Ahem... May I suggest that you take a look at the member galleries and the terrific pics geosoulberlin uploaded there! :clapper:

Thank you for sharing, Heidi! :thumbup:

P.S. May I call you 'Speedo'... ;) :D

A review of the evening on tightbutloose

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tblweb09/?p=12013

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Yeah, absolutely :bouncer: Sometimes I think I should keep my mouth shut. And then I think: Oh, what the heck... :D

Hah...how I know that! I'm soo often the same. And I like it when others are direct and straight as well. There's nothing worse than having to start a guessing round about what could have possibly been meant or not... :yap:

And thanks for mentioning my member gallery but meanwhile I think there are some great pics in the tour pix section, reflecting the atmosphere of that fantastic evening really good.

(The link to the review was good, THX!)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!