Live Over Europe - Black Country Communion

• So my pre-ordered copy arrived last night and now I have had some time to watch it, here are my thoughts... feel free to share yours too :bouncer2:

WOW! What a great video document of an outstanding band in their element and a great way to celebrate your support for what rock n' roll should sound like in 2011.

It truly captures Black Country Communion and the essence of the band, from their tour earlier this year and clearly reminds me of the two shows I was in attendance at in the very beginning of their long live run.

I won't go through the songs, as we're all familiar with them, but standouts to make mention of in this package have to include "Black Country", "Crossfire", "Faithless", "I Can See Your Spirit", "Cold", "The Outsider", "The Great Divide", "Sista Jane" and "Man In The Middle".

It truly captures 100% Glenn Hughes vocally, live in 2011, especially on "Cold", where emotion pours out of his performance at every twist and turn.

This is how a DVD package should be... hopefully in the future, we can expect another of this quality, but from Glenn solo... that would be the icing on the cake!

It's great to hear both Derek Sherinian and Jason Bonham too - they're both at the top of their game. Although live in the flesh, at least at the gigs I attended, Derek S. was low in the mix, so it's good to hear him included a whole lot more here. What can you say about Joe Bonamassa... a real talent for sure and you get to hear him loud and clear.

I really like the way they cut in between some of the songs, either with scenes from the cities their playing or interview segments. Makes for a real sense that your involved from beginning to end. Oh and the rock doc. is cool too... funny as hell in places... great still shots included in the picture gallery as well.

The only real criticisms I have are that there aren't enough crowd interaction shots and too many close-ups... it would of been good to see a more wider angle during some scenes... but neither of these detract from the overall enjoyment... just be sure to crank your volume to 11 :)

Roll on a titled... No. 3 ...new album :D

• i agree with your comments david-i started watching it and the first thing i thought about was seeing bcc in indianapolis :) glenn played and sang his ass off that night-couldnt really hear derek too well but it was ok-wish i would of payed more attention to joe but this excellent dvd can help me make up for that-and i played COLD first :)

• Couldn't resist, just watched the bonus DVD. Really really hot stuff :cool1:

The photo of Joe sitting in a row of seats high above the stage before a gig - where was it taken? Could it be Vienna???

Loved it when Glenn apologized to Gabi because... ;) :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• hi,
    I got my dvd today.
    cool stuff! glenn and the guys know to rock! :cool:

the best recordings are made in hamburg, stadtpark.
    what a great location!
    (I saw them live in rainy leipzig)

well done!!! :thumbup:

• I got the dvd today, i love it.

I saw Glenn about 11 times live so i knew what to expect, but it looks like the man is like red wine 'getting better each year'.

The band plays brilliant and are on top of the scene.

BCC thanks for this masterpiece ;)

• Got it - love it!

Apart from the fantastic music and playing, the DVD production (directing, graphics, picture, sound, compositoring etc.) is top notch!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Certainly ranks among the best Music DVDs out there, and I have seen a lot!

:clapper:

Cheers, Christian

MEDUSA

• Went to "Saturn" yesterday, our biggest media shop. Looooaaads of 'Live Over Europe' DVDs everywhere - in the news section, under 'B', in the Hard Rock section... :clapper:

One vinyl of BCC still available, BCC2 is sold out :)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Can anyone tell me if Live Over Europe is going to be available on CD (or download)? No reference to it anywhere, other than a tweet from Glenn ages ago saying there would be a CD. Got my DVD and it is a really great show. Looking forward to seeing GH in London in a couple of weeks.

JonR

• Excellent DVD. Sound was ENORMOUS !! Whole band rocks and production is excellent. Will be a staple for some time. Invited friends over this Sunday for viewing 'party' and will then direct them to Best Buy or Amazon for purchase. Love it.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Can anyone tell me if Live Over Europe is going to be available on CD (or download)? No reference to it anywhere, other than a tweet from Glenn ages ago saying there would be a CD. Got my DVD and it is a really great show. Looking forward to seeing GH in London in a couple of weeks.

JonR

Think that was the original plan, but now as you say, it's not been seen or heard of... assume they're waiting to see how the DVD goes first... but sounds like a good question to ask when you're in London ;)

• :cool: it's really a lovely day, about 18! degrees, sun is shining, and a lil time to relax a bit. And than had my BCC Live DVD in my hands, and all i can say first is yes i'm addicted to BCC, it is Euphoria!!
    Because i was in one BCC concert this year too.
    And the words Kevin Shirley told, they are so many people on the world who love the classicrock Deep Purple-Led Zep sound, but only a few bands.
    This music is so unique and timeless, cause it's nothing pretending it just happens on the stage. Musicians who can really play and interact with another, so living, always right between your eyes.Real muscle and blood!
    This is real strong stuff, later i'll go on talking about, i enjoy now and smile,
    regards
    Sigurd :bow:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!