Joe Bonamassa - LIVE - still in 2011

• Sometimes I believe in the concept of yin yang - also regarding things that happen to us. Normally I would still be on holidays until the end of the week. Unreachable (well, nearly) in the deep woods of Sweden. But the heating of our camping bus was on strike again and so we returned early last night. That was the bad thing.

The good thing is that I have the chance now to go to Bremen tomorrow and see Joe Bonamassa live on stage and I'm really looking forward to that gig :bouncer:

Anyone else going to see him still in 2011? Here are the tour dates.

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• Have fun, Heidi! :) Maybe you'll see this guitarstrap.

[ame='

Bonamassa's handmade Guitarstrap - YouTube[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Thanks, it was a great evening! Together with my sister I stood in the first row and we enjoyed two hours of fine music. I was only a bit disappointed that he didn't play more of his new album "Dust Bowl" as announced (only 3 songs if I remember right), I would have loved to hear and see "The Last Matador Of Bayonne" or "Prisoner" live. But it was my first visit of a solo concert with JB (before I only saw him twice with BCC this year) and so I was also glad about the performance of his classics like "Sloe Gin" and other songs.

The "Pier 2" where he played is a formerly industrial area right at the river "Weser" beside an old fabric hall and a real big shopping mall "American style" a bit further down. After some songs Joe was describing his experience when their tour bus arrived there, very funny. Got that on video as well and might upload some footage on YouTube later.

Waiting at the tour bus afterwards gave us the opportunity of a short personal meet with some autographs. Several fans had their guitar with them to get it signed. Even though the bus was waiting Joe took his time to fulfill the autograph wishes and answer some questions. Then the tour bus set off straight to Frankfurt where he played his second German gig tonight before he continues his tour in the UK.

111012_JB_closeup.jpg

111012_JB_autographs.jpg

• One of Joe's latest interviews on rushonrock.com:

http://rushonrock.com/2010/10/12/exc…assa-interview/

:):bouncer:

• Thanks for the interview, Yvonne, but is it really JB's latest? It's over a year old and when I saw him on Oct. 12, 2011, I asked him if he's going on tour with BCC again in 2012. His very clear answer was: "I don't think so, no." I was so surprised and disappointed in that moment that I just thanked him, also for the autographs and made space for the next fans. Now I wish I would have asked as well if he thinks the third album of BCC will be recorded next summer. But whatever his answer would have been: you can't rely on it in this business, everything might look different again in a few months. It was the same with Glenn's live shows this autumn where everyone expected more dates and also a tour with band.

So I think we will just have to wait and see. BCC has been very busy this year and the members seem to have a lot of solo dates now for next year. To me it looks as if there might be a break for BCC next year - at least for live shows. Damn pity but as long as the group stays together and they keep recording great albums like BCC 1 and 2 I wouldn't mind too much waiting another year seeing them live again.
    Meanwhile I will watch their live dvd and I'll keep my eyes open for the solo gigs...;)

And meanwhile I've got some footage of Joe up, here's "Sloe Gín":
    [ame='

Bonamassa - Sloe Gin - LIVE in Bremen, Oct. 12, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

• Joe had to cancel his shows at the weekend, Blackpool and Nottingham, due to illness.

Guy behind me at work was about to set off for nottingham when luckily he got a text to say it was off

Hey Everybody, I am really sorry to announce that I have to reschedule tonights show in Blackpool and tomorrow’s in Nottingham because I have come down with the flu. I want to play the best show possible and right now couldn’t even tune my guitar properly. The rescheduled dates are APRIL 2, 2012 for Nottingham Arena and APRIL 5 2012 Blackpool opera house. Again I am very sorry for all the inconvenience. – Joe Bonamassa

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Yes, he was saying on twitter as well that he caught a cold/flu in Germany and had to cancel Blackpool and Nottingham. On monday he wrote that he felt "way better and ready for the rest of this weeks show".

Must have been bad for the fans (Blackpool was sold out) but also for him, he was looking forward to Blackpool very much because of his first gig there 8 years ago in front of 88 people (what a return now!) and because it reminds him of Hampshire Beach as he was saying on a radio session with Paul Jones, Oct. 10, 2011.

The radio session was over 30 minutes long and is on YouTube in 3 parts. They mainly talk about his album "Dust Bowl" and how the songs were created (very interesting). JB is also planning to do another live dvd at the Beacon Theatre (New York) in November with a different seltlist than Royal Albert Hall.

Oh yes, and Paul Jones also asked him about some colaborations, like working with Beth Hart, Robert Cray, Robert Randall and his Scottish girlfriend Sandi Thom who's a singer as well. But no mentioning of BCC at all which I found very surprising, especially now where the dvd "Live over Europe" is coming out.

Here's the first part of the radio session, you'll find the other two parts on the same channel of WokeUpDreaming.
    [ame='

Bonamassa Interview Only with Paul Jones 10th Oct 2011 Part 1 BBC2 Radio Session - YouTube[/ame]

• Here's some news about JB, what I like most is the following quote:

Given his hard-driving electric blues-rock sound, it was no mistake that he fell in with the likes of veteran bassist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Black Sabbath), drummer Jason Bonham (Bonham, various Led Zeppelin Projects), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Yngwie Malmsteen, Alice Cooper) to form Black Country Communion in early 2010.

Yeah...keep telling, so BCC keeps rocking! :thumbup:

http://www.examiner.com/events-in-colu…-rock-the-south

• Thanks Lioness, that avatar is the mascot for FM station KSHE in St. Louis. The station has t-shirts emblazoned with the porkers likeness :D

http://www.ksheschtuff.com/

Thanks for the link, Kevin. Passed it on to a friend of mine, who is a piggy farmer in Mn, and told him to get some decent working outfit! :lol:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!