JON LORD is fighting cancer!

• Jon is very positive in his tweet on 30 august 2011: Even fighting with more strength and courage! He said: SEE YOU SOON. So let's hope dear JON will recover completely and we will be able to see JON again sometime in the future. ALL THE BEST TO YOU JON (we, the fans are sending positive vibes) :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• ...to save some of the Blues Project Concerts.

Yes, some concerts will be with Brian Auger, but most have been cancelled. Won't be the same without Lordy anyway.

Just read today that Jon is suffering from cancer of the pancreas and had several operations. Oh dear... :( :(

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

I ask you all to say a prayer for my friend Jon Lord...thanx....GH

There's not a single day I'm not thinking of Lordy and wishing all the best for him.

• Hope and best wishes for Doc Lordy! I wish him lots of love and strength.
    Yes i pray for him, it is so sad about the damn cancer!

regards
    Sigurd :(

• This week I have googled some about Jon"s illness on the internet and I found what Pete York, drummer of the Blues project and friend of JON told about his illnes, recently. He said that the situation was very worrying and that the cancer was in an advanced stadium (quote P.Y.) :(

Last year it was very sad when Ronnie James Dio died. He was one of my biggest heros and also a very friendly person. Next to Dio, JON is one of the most talented and friendliest persons in the Music History. In my opinion the greatest keyboard-player EVER. Let's hope he will survive. God bless JON!

• Now some very good news: JON was recording last week in Abbey Road Studios :) He was working on the first ever studio recording of The Concerto For Group and Orchestra :) Among his friends there where Paul Mann and JOE BONAMASSA. I hope this means that JON has a good recovery of his illness. JON rules :thumbup:

• Here's a picture about this news..

The Maestro with Bonamassa and Paul Mann :

Bonamassa writes on Facebook:

Great day in London.. Thank you Scott at Classic Rock for the great hang and to the wonderful Jon Lord for allowing me to play guitar on his symphony today.. It was such an honor and a thrill for me.

• Jon`s message rather makes me sad, hope he gets better really

Erik, At least Jon has posted that his treatment is making good progress. That's what he needs - think positive. And when a gent of his age has an early night and a cup of cocoa now and then instead of some red wine...

Hope I can cheer you up a bit with this lovely interview with Jon - and don't overlook all those videos ;)

http://www.rock-interviews.com/pageart.php?pa…&id=63&lang=eng

• After wishing his fans all the best for 2012 on his official website I haven't heard about the situation of JON? Anybody knows how our Hammond-master is doing now?

All the best to JON our keyboard hero :thumbup:

• After wishing his fans all the best for 2012 on his official website I haven't heard about the situation of JON? Anybody knows how our Hammond-master is doing now?

All the best to JON our keyboard hero :thumbup:

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything, everything is quit. So let's hope Jon is well and taking time to recover! :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!