BCC live in Bonn, Germany

• Glenn and Black Country Communion played at Museumsplatz in Bonn, Germany tonight :cool:

Black Country
    One Last Soul
    Crossfire
    The Battle For Hadrian's Wall
    Song Of Yesterday
    I Can See Your Spirit
    Save Me
    Cold
    The Ballad Of John Henry
    The Outsider
    (Keyboard solo)
    The Great Divide
    Sista Jane

Encore:
    Man In The Middle
    Burn

• Let's change his name from The Voice Of Rock to

God's official channel of pure devine rock and roll energy.

Glenn, THANK YOU :D

• BCC: The BONN gig: LAST SHOW in GERMANY:
    We, my concert buddy Theo and I arrived about 14.30 P.M. and we parked the car next to the venue. When we walked to the Museumplatz we allready recognised the Fender bass-sound of Glenn. It seemed that we were right in time for a soundchecking BCC.
    A part of the gate was open, so we had a free sight at the stage and we could first class witness the rehearsels of the band. Glenn saw us and waved hello.
    They played instrumental versions of Black country, I can see your spirit and Great Divide and after that vocal versions of One last soul and Hadrian's wall. Wow that was a big promise for the show. The band left the stage, but only Jason stayed an half hour longer on stage working on his drumsound (seeking for perfection like his father did).
    Later that afternoon we had the change to talk to Joe and Derek and a long time with Jason, who made jokes all the time (he knew some German, like "du kleiner wickser" and when he recognised that we came from the Netherlands he said "dank je wel"). Glenn was very busy with interviews and promotion work, so unfortunately we didn't had the chance to talk to him this time.
    And than the show: GREAT show, good sound. Lot's of Led Zeppelin t-shirts in the audience. The well known setlist, except Begger Man and Faithless and drum solo, that they didn't play for some reason. Special moment during Cold, when Glenn told that this was about some lost friends (Mel, RJD, Andy and others). He pointed to the sky (heaven). During the number a bird flew to the stage and sat on the stage spotlights, above the stage. Glenn didn't see it, i suppose, but it was a kind of magical moment to me.
    After the show we met Stormbringer 74 with some French friends. That was nice. A very good show and a nice atmosphere. Next time we will be there again :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• :cool: :bow: We arrived at late afternoon, my wife and me, and were surprised by the beautiful surrounding of the artmuseums and the concertplace in between. When we arrived it was cold and windy and after having a coffee we went straight right to the stage.
    We stood in the second line and had a good place beneath the huge tent that covered the area. It was airy and the weather became a little better, the sun came through the clouds and we noticed also (like willem) the birds flying high above the scene beneath the tent.
    The concert began in time, at first Jason walked onto the stage moving like a robot, ha ha, and then Derek, Joe and Glenn. They startet immediatly with "Black Country" and ,wow!! the sound was perfectly clear and loud!
    The bassguitarsound with the Laney amps was so clear and wonderful garsty, and Glenn showed again, what a bass can be, if it's played with fire! His voice was on top, crystal clear the high notes, excellent!
    Joe's guitar was absolutly great, he played every solo with dreamy performance, picking the strings sometimes with the fingers, like the intro of "song of yesterday" which was even better for me than on cd.
    Derek played all perfectly, including a brillant but a lil short keyboardsolo.
    He convinced absolutly with picking up some baroque stuff, think it was "Bach". The hammondorgan was great too, it was a original (black?) organ on the stage, really majestic.
    Jason was drumming like a drumgod, his beats were together totally tight with Glenn and Joe, you could feel, how much spirit he brings into the music, and he's always a solid rock.
    In "Hadrian's Wall", Joe was playing a beautiful musicman two neck guitar,
    Jason startet to gain up the speed with one beat, and Joe and Glenn sat on immediatly, that was only one of the magic moments.
    Joe changed his guitar from time to time, he played an explorer as well like a Gibson Junior he played on "The great Devide". Now he had that a little fragile tone that was perfect supporting Glenn's devine singing.
    My wife, she's normally not into hardrock music said, that Glenn's artistic high notes singing was corresponding with Joe's high notes playing, and Glenn's bassguitar corresponding with Joe's deeper voice. I think she's right, and she enjoyed it much.
    When they performed "The Great Divide" again the birds were flying under the sky of the tent, magic!!
    It was so good to hear the songs from BCC now life, and it was real life, with passion and fun too, in one song Glenn walked around the whole stage, but he's running a lot anyway.
    After "Burn" the concert was over and we were waiting a lil time, but there was no "meet an' greet" nomore, ok you never can have everything.
    On our way home, the big moon was shining over the scene, a happy journey. Lemmy would probably say : You're a romantic fool!?
    so, i am probably :bouncer:

best regards
    Sigurd

• Later that afternoon we had the change to talk to Joe and Derek and a long time with Jason, who made jokes all the time (he knew some German, like "du kleiner wickser").

:lol: That's what you learn first in a foreign language - how to swear properly.
    Wonder if he knows what it really means... der kleine Lümmel :p

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• OMG !!! what a concert in Bonn !!!!!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

thanks guys ! you just rockin like kings ! :bow: :bow: :bow:

long live BCC..

can't wait to see you in Paris in two days !!! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

put the fire on city of lights please !! frenchs have to become BCC maniacs !!!

ps : nice to see you again Willem !! :) ;)

• Judging by your behaviour, I thought they already were... ;) :p

Stormy, don't you ever get seasick when you post so many :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
    :D

ah ah ! not at all ! :p and I haven't finish.. next will be photos from the shows (and Snake and Purple concerts too ! ;))

• next will be photos from the shows (and Snake and Purple concerts too ! ;))

Need a ticket for Dresden on Saturday, Stormy? I've sprained my right ankle badly, so the journey to Dresden and long hours of standing won't be possible for me right now :( :( :mad:

• Need a ticket for Dresden on Saturday, Stormy? I've sprained my right ankle badly, so the journey to Dresden and long hours of standing won't be possible for me right now :( :( :mad:

wow.. bad news.. nice to ask me that but so far for me too.. and I will be in Pommern on Saturday to see Philip Sayce ! ;)

take care Lioness :) ;)

• wow.. bad news.. nice to ask me that but so far for me too.. and I will be in Pommern on Saturday to see Philip Sayce ! ;)

take care Lioness :) ;)

Thanks, you too ! :) You're going to Germany again to see Sayce? Dio mio ! I think you spend more time in Stormobile than at home... :D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!