Deep Purple: The songs that BUILT rock tour.

• maybe David would sing well with Glenn and the other mk3 guys. Maybe the old fantastic duett singing with David singing deeper and Glenn the higher notes is not a impossible challange for them in the future.
    I think it's not bad if the fans are not willing to put this option into history, i say with Anastacia, "I'm sick and tired feeling sick and tired" ..or so! :lol:

regards
    Sigurd

• A -speedy- interview with Don Airey from the recent gig in Dresden :thumbup:

[ame='

Purple - Interview with Don Airey - YouTube[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• The Purple Montreux shows have a high standard. So this is GREAT. Hope they will bring it also out on double LP. I like the setlist with songs like Hard Loving Man and No One Came and other goodies :)

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• good news ... for christmas gift :)

And before Christmas, this is a little gift from Swiss TV channel TSR2 - 48 brilliant minutes from Montreux 2011 :thumbup: :bouncer:
    [ame='

Jazz 2011 Deep Purple & Philharmonic Orchestra good qualitz 48 minutes - YouTube[/ame]

• For those who did not have the chance to see Purple on the orchestra tour: Eagle Rock will release the DVD "DP live at Montreux 2011" on November 7 :bouncer:

I saw the double CD at "MM" by coincidence last friday and got it. Pretty surprised about the big band swing Overture I first thought I had the wrong cd there. But then "Highway Star" started with a big bang and the typical motorbike noise and it was very rocky and very heavy! Amazing how well the orchestra fits with the DP songs, it's not "soft" it's just a full blast sound and playing over my headphones while I'm typing this, trying not to nod my head too heavy...;)

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• I've bought two tickets today:

Nov 17, 2012 - Hannover
    Nov 24, 2012 - Hamburg

One year in advance - crazy, isn't it. But I'm over the moon! :) :bouncer:

• Sounds very promising. Looking forward to coming Friday 2nd december. DP very near to my home in Arnhem. Great. And next year the appointment is in Amsterdam on the 4th of december, Wow :thumbup:

• Sounds very promising. Looking forward to coming Friday 2nd december. DP very near to my home in Arnhem. Great. And next year the appointment is in Amsterdam on the 4th of december, Wow :thumbup:

Have fun, Willem. Wish you a great show on Friday! :bouncer:

• I've bought two tickets today:
    Nov 17, 2012 - Hannover
    Nov 24, 2012 - Hamburg
    One year in advance - crazy, isn't it. But I'm over the moon! :) :bouncer:

Thanks a lot for telling, just got a ticket for
    Nov 27, 2012 - Berlin :)

But before I will see Ian Gillan and some others in January 2012 in "Rock meets Classic". My colleague saw "Rock meets Classic" in 2010 and was overwhelmed, he will also go in 2012 with his whole family. Well, I don't like all artists too much (could do without Robin Beck) but Ian Gillan and Chris Thompson (Manfred Mann's Earth Band) should already be worth going...

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• Finally: Deep Purple in Gelredome Arnhem. In my hometown! So this time I don't went with the car to the concert, but with the bike. Time for a good concert and have some beers :)

Deep Purple seem to have become more populair in the Netherlands in the last few years. After playing a few years in a 6000 capacity halls (sold out in a week) they now played in a real football stadium (the first ever with a roof in Europe!). There we about 17.000 people over there. Was it good, No! It was much better. It was superb. If seen the band over the years lot's of times and the Songs That Built Rock Show was excellent. One of the best I've ever seen from the Purple guys. This was perfection; this was amazing Deep Purple. Orchestral greatest hits with some very good more obscure songs :thumbup: If you got the change: Go and see this show, it's amazing.

Next year december they play in the new big Live Nation Concert Hall in Amsterdam: The Ziggo Dome: the hall is not ready yet and DP will be one of the first bands who will play there. It will have a capacity of 16.000. So a big show again for a great band ;)

• I see you had some beers !! :D :D and lucky guy.. I had made 1600 kms for this concert !! but you're right it was totally amazing one !!

Nice to ssaw you again Willem and I just want to say something.. next year the 5th december 2012 Deep Purple will be in MY hometown.. so I will waiting for you :lol: :lol: ;)

• I see you had some beers !! :D :D and lucky guy.. I had made 1600 kms for this concert !! but you're right it was totally amazing one !!

Nice to ssaw you again Willem and I just want to say something.. next year the 5th december 2012 Deep Purple will be in MY hometown.. so I will waiting for you :lol: :lol: ;)

Well, does that mean you're inviting us, Stormy? May we spend the night at your chateau??? :p ;) I hope your wine cellar is big enough to serve a few of us... :lol:
    C'mon, Willem, let's take the chance. Shall we make this guy go pale to his roots? :lol:

It's always the same, Stormy, when you disappear from your site for a few days, you're always off to a concert... ;) I've never known a male groupie before... :D
    Your missus must be very patient... :D :D

How was "The Mule"? Whoa, I hope the Purps are going to play it next year :bouncer: :bouncer:

P.S. I forgot to say merci for the invitation. I'll bring some cheese to accompany the wine...

• The Mule was terrific of course. :clapper: :clapper: and Paicey totally on fire !

anyways not a chateau but correct for my friend who wants to come ! :cool:

red wine will be there and you are in charge of cheese ! :D

Kiss from the groupie ! :cool: :lol:

ps : also see Graham Bonnet with Alcatrazz in Kerkrade the saturday.. so nice ! :thumbup:

here's a pict...

• I have seen Deep Purple 3 times in Melbourne. The 1st time at the Sports & Entertainment Centre in the mid 80's. It was an old indoor swimming pool turned into a concert and sports venue. They played too loud for the venue, the sound was bouncing around off the walls, similar to the echoee acoustics of an indoor swimming pool. I could see Ritchie Blackmore playing guitar but could not hear his guitar. In one of the songs Gillan screamed that loud I had the sensation of water rushing around inside my ears. My ears buzzed for 3 days. Disappointing as this band was my teenage idols back in the 70's. The 2nd time I saw them was in the year 2000 at the Rod Laver Arena, a great venue for rock concerts. The band was brilliant, Ian gillans voice was terrific in his normal singing range, however he had lost that ability to scream, the upper register was gone. His girth had somewhat expanded. The new boy in the band Steve Morse was great, bringing a fresh dimension to those classic Purple songs. The 3rd occasion was at the perennial Festival Hall last year with my young son. The band was in terrific form. You cant beat those classic songs. A somewhat slimmer Ian Gillan fronted the band but I could not help but think he could have done with some vocal support from some-one like Glenn. I saw Glenn on a "live at the basement" tele show in Australia earlier this year and he was great, I could not get over how good his voice was after all those years. I would love to see Deep Purple play some Mk III songs, but I don't think this will happen with the current line-up. As an aside I saw Uriah Heep earlier this year at the St Kilda Palais, they were brilliant, blew us away. Brilliant musians, great entertainers, an allround great evening. Bernie Shaw " this is a rock and roll concert stand up! "

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!