BCC live in San Diego **(spoilers)**

• Got to the venue 5 minutes before show time. (I'd like to do this for every show- I hate the dead time) . You guys are not kidding, the band was walking on stage about one minute before 8! I look to my left and David is sitting three seats away, so I moved and got to chat with him as I haven't seen him in four years! (Is this amazing or what! There were 1000 people there and of all people I sit next to him!)

What an incredible, perfect show! I heard every BCC song, plus one of Joe's solo songs I didn't know and Burn!

Setlist from memory (David you can delete this if you post the full setlist)

Bcountry (on this song for some reason Jason didn't play those syncopated cymbal parts but changed them to a quarter note bash)

One Last Soul

Great Divide,

Faithless,

Cold

Smoke Stack

Great Divde
    Crossfire

Beggarman

sista Jane

Song of Yesterday

Save Me
    Hadrian's Wall

Faithless

Ballad of John Henry

Outsider

Man in the Middle

Burn

For years I had dreams of seeing GH live and tonight (and tomorrow I will too) I lived my dream again. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. A powerful, majestic band that is on a roll. Count me in!

As for the venue- a theatre with people sitting down is the totally wrong type of place for any GH band and BCC. Most of the crowd sat during the show and this is just off. Can't wait for the Grove tomorrow- there's no assigned seats and there's no seats period. Being asked to sit at a GH show is BS. I get enough sitting at work and at a show I'm there to stand up and rock!

• Thanks John, great to catch up with you - maybe tomorrow too, eh :)

JoeB solo song was "Ballad of John Henry" - rockier version too, so more appropriate than normal. "Crossfire" from "2" was also played :cool:

Setlist is not set in stone. So if you"re looking for something different, good chance you"ll get it :)

So good to see Glenn up there where he belongs - its a long ways from JB's :D

http://twitpic.com/59blq6

Anaheim here we come :)

• Being asked to sit at a GH show is BS. I get enough sitting at work and at a show I'm there to stand up and rock!

:thumbup: :clapper:

Thanks for your impressions, John and David. Great setlist, surprised about Burn.

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• and she said burrrrrrrn... Oh man, what a sound! Honestly, I had wet eyes when I saw this, reminds me so so much of Purple days. Yesssss :thumbup: :bouncer:

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion "Burn" San Diego 6-9-11‬‏[/ame]

• A short snippet from the gig...

"Battle For Hadrian's Wall"

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion, The Battle For Hadrian's Wall‬‏[/ame]

"Save Me"...

"Faithless"

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion. Faithless, San Diego debut‬‏[/ame]

"Cold"

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion Live, Cold‬‏[/ame]

"The Great Divide"

[ame='

- ‪BCC The Great Divide, Live from San Diego's Civic‬‏[/ame]
    '"The Outsider"

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion "The Outsider" San Diego 6-9-11‬‏[/ame]

• Kudos to BCC's awesome setlist. They have two albums out, and we heard just about every great song on both - (except for a couple, like Ordinary Son and Revolution in Me). Except for two numbers, no songs from other bands- just their own great music. Compare this to HTP's sets, which had too many non HTP numbers or other bands with great new albums over the past 15 years that only play some or none of those songs. (Just how many Steve Morse DP songs are in DP's set every night? Few!)

BCC could have just got up there and done Zep, GH/DP, Bonamassa, or DTheater songs and played a few of their own and they didn't. This is awesome!

What a band!

• Snatched by fans...

[ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion after first U.S. concert‬‏[/ame]

• What happened before the show... ;)

15 minutes before rock history is being made!

Jason: "Is the check in the mail?" :lol:
    [ame='

- ‪Black Country Communion LIVE in San Diego‬‏[/ame]

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!