Glenn on German TV Monday Morning

Puppies...I'm now in Berlin..I will go to bed now..have to be ready to sing live early in the morn to appear on SAT 1 TV between 7-10am

Waaahhoooo! And who is on hols the week before Easter ;) Yummy - all alarm clocks set! :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• This was superb! :bow:

The interviewer started with telling that Glenn had walked over to the studio as he had stayed in a hotel right next to it. Glenn said when leaving the hotel, he could still watch the full moon (must have been really early at the studio, and yes, he did look a bit tired in the first few minutes... ;)).

Bloody shame that they didn't post the 2nd interview part :mad: this time done by a lady. She asked Glenn why he had practically been declared dead in 2001. So Glenn explained that he had been mixed up with GH from Village People and that HIS photo has been posted with the news.

Glenn talked a bit more about Purple days and his addiction. What had been going on backstage, that alcohol was forever flowing and that drugs were being offered for free. He pointed out that many of his colleagues from that time hadn't made it. He felt very lucky that he had survived all of it and came back as a new, a reborn person.

The most peculiar question was about the upcoming royal wedding and what Glenn thought about Kate and William... :rolleyes: Glenn dutifully answered this, but you could feel that he really wasn't into it.

Anyway, Glenn and BCC got good coverage. And for me it was truly a blast to see him live on TV here! :heart: :bouncer:

• Excellent roundup of the morning, Yvonne :thumbup:

I thought that the first part was particularly funny when it came to the bit about simultaneous bass playing and singing :D Glenn seemed to enjoy the praise of his past, present (and BCC 2 in the imminent future) by the over-enthusiastic interviewer :cool:

All the presenters were actually stunned at Glenn's singing, and observed that his voice is in better shape now than in the Purple days :singer:

Excellent programme - great press! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• I thought that the first part was particularly funny when it came to the bit about simultaneous bass playing and singing :D

Cheers,
    Christian

Yes, that was really funny!

"How did you find out that you can do both, sing and play bass? There are people in the biz who can't even do one of it properly. Did your mummy tell you, boy, you can do this?" :lol:

The interviewers were extremely impressed that Glenn can still sing with that high 'head voice'.

• During the April press tour, Glenn also visited radio station STAR FM Berlin where he played... :rolleyes: The comment says it all.

• :cool: lioness, you really found a juwel again.
    Not many like Glenn can sound such great and beautiful also in a not superb sounding studioroom.
    Think they were real shocked at the moment, and someone thought of "Glenn Close" maybe... :lol:
    regards
    Sigurd

• Glenn "Close" Hughes? :eek: Now that would really be a "Fatal Attraction" :lol: Kleiner Schelm, hehe! ;) :D

• During the April press tour, Glenn also visited radio station STAR FM Berlin where he played...

Here's the interview from that visit to STAR FM RUSH HOUR. It's in English, with some German translations in between. The interview was conducted by "Wolfie"... ;)

http://starfm.de/podcast/Talk/s…ghes_180411.mp3

• Just listened to the whole interview. What a jewel with another acoustic version of "Cold" and the following statement of Glenn when he was asked if he would also continue performing solo:

"I'm coming to Germany in October or November to play with my own band, Glenn Hughes Band, and that's gonna be happening for sure."

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Great, great, great! That made my day! Thank you so much, Yvonne, for posting this! :thanx:

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• My pleasure, Heidi. We need at least four Glenn concerts in Germany, North, South, East, West... :D

Have you seen this review of the BCC gig in Berlin?

http://www.60minuten.net/?p=1062

Look what they write, that Glenn looked very tired at the interview. Well, they probably didn't know that he was on the breakfast show from 7 to 10 am.

If I had to be at a studio at 6 or 6.30 am, I would need a very good make-up artist to look fit... ;)

• Here's the interview from that visit to STAR FM RUSH HOUR. It's in English, with some German translations in between. The interview was conducted by "Wolfie"... ;)

Verdammt, haben Sie mein Geheimnis gelüftet! Ich wollte nicht die Leute wissen, habe ich auch Deutsch sprechen und in Teilzeit arbeiten als Übersetzer :p

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• My pleasure, Heidi. We need at least four Glenn concerts in Germany, North, South, East, West... :D

Yesss, at least four, maybe also one in the middle, that could be an extra chance for all from north, south, east and west. ;)

Have you seen this review of the BCC gig in Berlin?

No, thanks for this one as well! :) Well, they are near the end of their tour now and they will probably all be glad to have a break afterwards. All that travelling and performing must be pretty exhausting with some additional things like interviews etc. as well. No wonder they have days where they look a bit tired now. Just two more gigs with a few days break in between, I hope they rock Sweden and Norway like they did all other countries! :thumbup:

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• Super nice photo of Glenn with host Thomas Tscheschner of SWR1 radio station in Mainz during the BCC press tour in April this year. They had a "bass-to-bass" chat and talked all things BCC and the forthcoming tour.

The 'one' in Glenn's hands of course meaning that BCC is No. 1 ! :thumbup: :yes:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!