DEEP PURPLE NEW HARDROCK ALBUM!!!!!!!

• A statement by mr. Ian Paice himself said that DP has recorded NINE COMPLETE SONGS in March in Ian´s studio in SPAIN under supervision of this great drummer and mr. Roger Glover! Further they recorded about 8 unfinished songs which the will work further on in a secord recording session. They will choose 10 songs for the next PURPLE ALBUM, going to be produced by Paice and Glover. Ian Paice claimed the material is louder and more rock than they have done on the last album. He said that DP is a hardrock band and the fans want to hear HARDROCK :)

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• I've read the interview. I think the young dad is right in that :) A few weeks ago there was a little inverview with big Ian in the Dutch press and he talked about the new album. Lot's of songs have been recorded, according to him. I will be released, so they say, in 2012 :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• My wife and I just caught Deep Purple in Las Vegas, one of only a dozen or so US dates the band is doing on their current tour. It had been four or five years since I last saw them, so I was excited to see them again. They're one of those bands for whom, as the years go by, chances to see them are fewer and further between. There will come a day soon when Deep Purple will call it a day. The same can be said for Whitesnake, Priest, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult, Bruce Springsteen, Ozzy and countless other bands. Will Glenn still be recording and touring in ten years? It's not unheard of. Look at guys like Ian Hunter and John Mayall - 72 and 78 years old, respectively! :eek::claphands

Anyway, back to Deep Purple. The band put on a great 1hr. 50 min. set, mostly a mix of classic material, along with nods to the current era with "The Well Dressed Guitar" and "Rapture of the Deep". I would like to have heard a few more current tunes, but this is the United States. Classic rock radio tends to announce that a band has a great new album out, then play something from the old catalog :mad: And US audiences seem to forget that their favorite songs were once new, unfamiliar tunes as well :confused:

Purple looked great, sounded great and there was a nice turnout at the Pearl theater inside the Palms resort. Here's hoping they return to the studio soon to lay down a new collection of songs!

• There will come a day soon when Deep Purple will call it a day. The same can be said for Whitesnake, Priest, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult, Bruce Springsteen, Ozzy and countless other bands. Will Glenn still be recording and touring in ten years? It's not unheard of. Look at guys like Ian Hunter and John Mayall - 72 and 78 years old, respectively! :eek::claphands
    Anyway, back to Deep Purple. The band put on a great 1hr. 50 min. set, mostly a mix of classic material, along with nods to the current era with "The Well Dressed Guitar" and "Rapture of the Deep". I would like to have heard a few more current tunes, but this is the United States. Classic rock radio tends to announce that a band has a great new album out, then play something from the old catalog :mad: And US audiences seem to forget that their favorite songs were once new, unfamiliar tunes as well :confused:
    Purple looked great, sounded great and there was a nice turnout at the Pearl theater inside the Palms resort. Here's hoping they return to the studio soon to lay down a new collection of songs!

Thanks for your post and the photos, Todd ! :clapper: Yes, you are absolutely right, the time for our fav bands is limited. That's why I went to see AC/DC last year, I wanted to see them live once in my life. And I wasn't disappointed, no sign of retirement there.

When I look at Glenn these days, I'm quite confident that he will be touring the next 10 years. The question is: Will WE be fit enough to sit through his concerts then? :lol:

By the way: On Sunday night Bob Dylan played at the open air venue where I will see BCC. According to the review, he jumped off the tour bus, went straight to the stage and played for nearly two solid hours. He has just celebrated his 70th birthday!

For Todd and anybody else who might want to relive the DP Vegas experience:
    The WHOLE concert is now available on youtube ! :bouncer:

[ame='

- ‪Deep Purple Live in Las Vegas June 23, 2011‬‏[/ame]

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Thanks for posting that - I had no idea! I wish the camera man had posted the set by opening band Ernie & the Automatics. The band features Barry Goudreau & Sib Hashian of Boston, and they did a Boston medley which had the place on its feet!

• I still love them and remember learning Smoke on the Water. First song like everyone else.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!