Jon Lord Blues project tour 2011.

• This fall Jon is touring with a blues(rock) band. He is doing some shows in Germany. I hope these shows won't get cancelled like the Concerto stuff.

Jon Lord Blues Project in small clubs fall 2011. Great! More info http://www.jonlord.org :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• here's the tour for the moment :

07-04-2011 Kulturfabrik, Roth, Germany (Blues Project)
    12-04-2011 DI Primiera, Krasnodar, Russia
    14-04-2011 KSK "Express", Rostov-On-Don, Russia
    17-04-2011 BKZ Oktyabrskiy Concert Hall, St Petersburg, Russia
    20-04-2011 Crocus City Hall, Moscow, Russia
    28-04-2011 Teatro Golden, Palermo, Italy
    06-05-2011 La Filature, Mulhouse, France
    14-05-2011 Alte Stadthalle, Rottweil, Germany (Blues project)
    28-06-2011 Orpheum, Graz, Austria (Blues project)
    08-07-2011 Royal Albert Hall, London, UK (Sunflower Jam)
    09-07-2011 Royal Albert Hall, London, UK (Henley festival)*
    09-09-2011 Herzogburg Castle, St. Veit, Austria (Blues Project)
    16-11-2011 Jahnhalle, Regensburg, Germany (Blues project)
    17-11-2011 Huxley's Neue Welt, Berlin, Germany (Blues project)
    18-11-2011 Fabrik, Hamburg, Germany (Blues project)
    19-11-2011 Bluesgarage, Isernhagen, Germany (Blues project)
    20-11-2011 Zeche, Bochum, Germany (Blues project)

and The Blues Project Band consist on :

Jon Lord : Keyboards
    Miller Anderson : Guitar, Vocals
    Maggie Bell : Vocals
    Colin Hodgkinson : Bass Guitar
    Zoot Money : : Keyboards
    Pete York : Drums

• Yeah Good old Jon is gonna rock. Superb, he is the master. But he made a statement (today) that he will NOT appear on the Henley Festival on 9-7-2011! Don't know the reason, but we got enough other dates to see our friend and idol JON :thumbup:

• That's a great line-up!
    Should be fun! :cool:

I remember hearing about quite a similiar line-up involving Messrs Lord & Co. (and probably adding Chris Farlowe too) touring Europe in the early 1990s, but I was still too young to go and see them play back then.
    Anybody seen this show?

Only a few days a go I watched the exellent Jim Capaldi Tribute Concert DVD 'Dear Mr. Fantasy', featuring the music of Jim Capldi and Traffic involving Jon Lord (excellent as ever), Steve Winwood, Paul Weller, Gary Moore, Pete Townshend a.o. - highly recommended too!

MEDUSA

• That's a great line-up!
    Should be fun! :cool:

I remember hearing about quite a similiar line-up involving Messrs Lord & Co. (and probably adding Chris Farlowe too) touring Europe in the early 1990s, but I was still too young to go and see them play back then.
    Anybody seen this show?

Christian, You probably refer to "The Olympic Rock & Blues Circus". They toured in the 80s, yes with Chris Farlowe, unfortunately I never saw them :(

http://musictravellerstwo.blogspot.com/2010/04/jon-lo…-29-berlin.html

From the boot:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Lot's of tourdates for Jon this fall. I bought my ticket for The Pul in Uden,
    The Netherlands. This is gonna be very special, with Colin Hodgkinson, Maggie Bell, Pete York, Miller Anderson, Zoot Money and of course the master of ORGAN JON LORD, himself :thumbup:

• Hi Stormbringer 74 and other JON fans,
    I read about the Pul Uden show (25-11-2011) on the site of the Pul Uden. I've already tickets for this show. On 26-11-2011 they are doing a show in The Hague, Paard van Troje. This blues thing is something special :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!