Okay help me out here - which tracks

• Okay going to see Glenn Hughes in May for the first time and do not really know which tracks I should be listening too to get me geared up for the gig.

So.............. what tracks should I be listening to?

Please help me, hubbies got all studio stuff and loads of boots but I just need a quick 15 track guide, rather than trawling through all his stuff. I am familar with Come taste the band but need a little help with the rest.

Cheers in advance

Lisa

• A good mix of his solo stuff, along with classics from his time in Hughes/Thrall, Trapeze and Purple, would be a good start...

Muscle And Blood - Touch My Life - Orion - Sail Away - Medusa - You Kill Me - Can't Stop The Flood - Crave - Don't Let Me Bleed - Keepin' Time
    Steppin' On - Soul Mover - Addiction - Burn

The one's above should help get you started :cool:

• Thank you very much for your reply. Deadstar now has a task of burning those to a disk for me to listen to on the way to work.

I am not a total nub tho I do like the BCC album, love CTTB, and must admit I have heard lots of stuff by Glenn over the years, but now I am going to see him feel I need to know the man and his music before the gig. So thank you very much for your help.

• Once you have seen him live it will totally change the way you listen to his music going forward - I guarantee that! I agree with David's suggestions for good tracks for what he does live but he always mixes it up each tour so who knows?

• ;)
    also agree with Davids suggestions. I think "Holy Man" from the DP Stormbringer album, which is sung by Glenn alone is a good choice.
    But the whole Stormbringer album is great.
    another ones "Highball Shooter".
    A newer great album from Glenn for me personelly is "Music for the divine", which has some acoustic guitar jewels.
    The song "Frail" for example.

regards
    Sigurd

• A good mix of his solo stuff, along with classics from his time in Hughes/Thrall, Trapeze and Purple, would be a good start...

Muscle And Blood - Touch My Life - Orion - Sail Away - Medusa - You Kill Me - Can't Stop The Flood - Crave - Don't Let Me Bleed - Keepin' Time - Steppin' On - Soul Mover - Addiction - Burn

The one's above should help get you started :cool:

Sounds like a cool set list there David ;) Holmfirth UK 24/9/10 :)

• Once you have seen him live it will totally change the way you listen to his music going forward - I guarantee that! I agree with David's suggestions for good tracks for what he does live but he always mixes it up each tour so who knows?

agree +1

• I just wanted to add "Written all over your face" to the list. I think it's one of Glenn's best ever songs - was amazing live, and JJ's solo on the album was him at the top of his game.
    I met a mother of two at Glenn's gig in Bradford at Rio's who had taken her two teenage daughters to see him. They had little or no idea about him and I guess she was trying to get them an education (top mum!) You should've seen their faces! Cue sound of jaws hitting floor etc! I think they said something along the lines of "I didn't realize live music was like this!" :cool:

• I just wanted to add "Written all over your face" to the list. I think it's one of Glenn's best ever songs - was amazing live, and JJ's solo on the album was him at the top of his game.
    I met a mother of two at Glenn's gig in Bradford at Rio's who had taken her two teenage daughters to see him. They had little or no idea about him and I guess she was trying to get them an education (top mum!) You should've seen their faces! Cue sound of jaws hitting floor etc! I think they said something along the lines of "I didn't realize live music was like this!" :cool:

Absolutely right Kev, the whole setlist oft Soulfully Life has got power and magic, blows me away everytime i listen.....:clapper:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!