Jason Bonham live with Paul Rodgers in the UK

• Paul Rodgers, is returning to the UK with his solo band.

Rodgers' last UK solo tour, in 2006, culminated with the recording of his debut solo DVD, "Live In Glasgow", which charted at #1 in Canada, #2 in Japan, #3 in the U.S., #4 in the UK and is now certified gold.

Rodgers has announced that drummer Jason Bonham (Black Country Communion) will be joining him on tour. Rodgers states, "Jason played with Joe Perry and myself in LA recently and was so hot that I asked him to join us for the UK tour."

Also in the band the familiar faces of Howard Leese (guitarist), Lynn Sorenson (bass) plus some surprise guests.

Says Rodgers: "Developing the set-list is always a bit of a balancing act but in the UK, it will be FREE-heavy for the fans."

Supporting Rodgers are very special guests DOWN 'N' OUTZ. Fronted by Joe Elliott of Def Leppard and backed by THE QUIREBOYS, DOWN 'N' OUTZ will be an evening of music by Mott The Hoople and its collective works.

Tickets are priced at £34.50, in advance, regionally, and £32.50, £37.50, £40.00, £50.00 in London (subject to booking fee).

Dates for the tour are as follows:

April 15th - Blackpool, UK - Opera House
    April 16th - Sheffield, UK - City Hall
    April 18th - Newcastle, UK - City Hall
    April 19th - Glasgow, UK - Clyde Auditorium
    April 21st - Manchester, UK - O2 Apollo
    April 22nd - Nottingham, UK - Royal Centre
    April 24th - Bournemouth, UK - Internation Centre
    April 25th - Southend, UK - Cliff Pavilion
    April 27th - London, UK - Royal Albert Hall (plus Joe Perry)
    April 28th - Birmingham, UK - NIA

• If I remember correctly, this is Jason's second stint in Rodgers' solo band. He already toured with Rodgers in (or around) 1994 together with Reeves Gabrels on guitar (ex- Tin Machine) and Tony Franklin on bass (ex- Firm, Blue Murder). This was the line-up after the one that included Neal Schon on guitar and promoted his 'Muddy Waters Blues' (1993) album.

Gotta dig out some of the footage I recorded off the telly back then and see if I'm right at all - or youtube might probably help much quicker! :lol:

MEDUSA

• youtube it is... ;)

That's the same programme from German WDR TV I recorded back then.

Not Tony Franklin on bass though, and there's a second guitar player too.

MEDUSA

• Just got back from a gig at the Cannery in North Las Vegas where some of the crew had been setting up and sound checking Paul and company (and Jason) at the Eastside Cannery in Las Vegas earlier in the week. All said they were blown away by hearing that voice in such prestine shape. So there's one US gig which was last night.

JH

• This is not All Right Now - this is All Right for Now and Forever! :clapper:
    What a great great classic rock song, what a voice! :thumbup:
    Can't get it out of my head! :bow: :bouncer:

And a drumkit that didn't quite make it... ;)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Thank you for the vids my dear :)

Jerome and I attended the Royal Albert Hall & NIA shows. We were blown away by Paul's voice.

Jason was absolutely great. I was so impressed that I'm thinking about taking drums lessons...

The Birmingham show was filmed for a DVD release in 2012.

:ghcp:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!