• There is a tribute section dedicated to GM on classicrockrevisited

A great read.

I'd like to point out one comment especially, since this is closely related to Glenn:

Gary Ferguson:

I am so sad my old colleague is gone. I really wanted to play music with him again. He was inspirational to me as a player as he played with so much passion. My heart goes out to his family. It is so surreal to have lost him he was a strong person. Rest in peace my brother you will be missed.

MEDUSA

• the more I read the tributes and watch the videos, the more it sinks in and I understand why I listened to this guy constantly for the last 35 years. There is some unbelievable video of the 1997 Montreux festival that will just make you smile and realize that yes, Gary was, one of a kind.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• With Glenn revisiting his past on a number of albums ("Burn" and "You Keep on Moving" on From Now On, "Holy Man" on Feel, "Highball Shooter" on Building the Machine, and "Medusa" on Black Country Communion), the thought occurred to me that it would be a very cool, and fitting, tribute to Glenn's work with Gary Moore if BCC were to record an updated, rearranged version of "All Messed Up", "Reach for the Sky" or "Nothing to Lose". Glenn only contributed to five tracks on Gary's Run for Cover album, but what tracks they were! Anyway, just thinking aloud since BCC is still in the studio...and Bonamassa is about the only person I can think of who can step somewhat comfortably into Gary's big shoes.

• i was thinking a similar thing Todd - doing something like Nothing To Lose on his upcoming solo tour as he's no solo album to promote, just a massive back catalog to chose from!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Been wanting to post a proper tribute. Gary Moore has been one of my number one guitar idols since I first heard about him in issues of Kerrang magazine I started buying in the early 80s. I was first introduced to his incredible guitar playing and songs with Corridors of Power, which was played heavily on the radio and especially MTV in 1982. When his cover of the Yardbird's Shapes Of Things hit in 1984, I about totally came unglued with excitement. At the time I had a crummy nylon guitar and I would play along with the solo and go crazy. I was excited to catch his band in 1987 at a small club. It was certainly one of the greatest shows I ever saw. His soloing was incredible and I was also a Bob Daisley fan so getting to see one of my favorite bassist's was also a highlight. Although I'm a keyboard player, I also love playing lead guitar and rhythm and I've always favored guitar players who make it sing, but have technique. I was always moved more by players like Gary Moore, Blackmore and Neal Schon rather than VH types (although I like them too). One day about 13 years I was driving in the car and Still Got the Blues came on the radio- which I hadn't heard in a long time. I decided I was going to learn it note for note on guitar. The last few months I was on cruise ships we used to have a ton of Brits come on in Barbados. They started requesting Parisienne Walkways, which I think was on another single rerelease that summer in England. I had a copy of it from the Back to Black remasters and made a midi sequence of it. It brought the house down...That and Still Got the Blues. Gary's music saved us that summer. Gary's a huge part of that extended Deep Purple family we all love and this one hits home.

• New film due later this year

'White Knuckles & Blue Moods' is a documentary feature about Gary's career and his influence on other guitarists.

Jörgen Holmstedt and Stefan Mossberg have been working on the film for several years. It features contributions from Don Airey, Jon Hiseman, John Sykes, Brian Downey, Eric Bell, Brian Robertson and Gary himself.

'White Knuckles and Blue Moods' will be around an hour long and is due for release later this year.

Here's the trailer:

[ame='

- Gary Moore Documentary - White Knuckles And Blue Moods[/ame]

• Classic Gary Moore memories

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Thanks David for the trailer to 'White Knuckles and Blue Moods' - goosebumps and a massive lump in my throat. Can't wait for this one.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!