• Absolutely heartbroken to hear that Gary Moore has passed away in his sleep; he was only 59. I absolutely loved his voice and guitar. He did a catalogue of great songs but my personal favourite was 'Because Of Your Love' - I'll never forget one of his superb gigs all those years ago, when Phil Lynott walked on stage to duet with him on 'Out In The Fields.' Absolute class!

:rose: Not quite the black rose but - so, so sad ...

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Last year I saw him for the first time. It was his first appearance in Slovakia. Unfortunately it was the last time. I am sad and shocked.
    Honor Thy remembrance dear Gary.

• My Guitar Hero has passed and I am so sad.
    But I am glad to have seen him perform so many times and remember when Gary and I spoke for a hour after a Greg Lake show in a Cleveland bar and how he told me that Glenn and Pat Thrall were getting together for a project as well as about all his guitars and plans. Gary did it his way for sure and his music will live on forever.
    Gaza RIP

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I am totally charred..just got back to work and saw the news...

When you are the youngest of 7, 58 is way too young...my brother is that age. And he went in his sleep from what I have read...

Got to take it in yet...will be back...

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Having been a fan of Gary's since 1986, I had never had a chance to see Gary Moore perform until 2006. My wife and I made a special trip to England to see Gary open for BB King on a series of dates. The moment he began to play, his singing guitar tone pierced my heart and I fell in love with his playing all over again. As chance would have it, I was actually able to meet Gary during that trip. He was kind, good-humoured and took a few minutes to chat with me. It was a moment I'll cherish always, and his passing wounds me in a way I can't quite describe. Nobody's music has ever affected me like that.

So sad.

• I have had the pleasure seeing Gary Moore live a few times. Makes me very sad, this news :( RIP, Gary, you'll never be forgotten!

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• I was shocked and devastated when I heard the news :(

Ironically I got the call just before I got off to see the new 'Thin Lizzy' play here in Vienna tonight.

They played 'The Rocker' which isn't in the usual set list (as Darren Wharton pointed out at the Aftershow Party) in Gary's memory.

I'm glad I had the chance to see Gary play live two times, the second time being only last year at High Voltage in London when he returned to playing Rock and even threw in a few promising celtically flavoured new songs.

For now I have decided to stay up all night (or as long as I manage) and have Empty Rooms on repeat. And Wild Frontier after that, and, and, and...

It's very hard to put feelings into words at this time.
    He will always have a very special place in my heart.

R.I.P. Gary Moore. And thank you, thank you, thank you...

Christian

MEDUSA

• Oh my god!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite ever guitar players....I used to end my 2am guitar sessions on the ships with Still Got the Blues. It ended it, because after playing that song, there is nothing left. I would often be in tears. I'm going to go downstairs, and play it right now. I'm shocked. I had no idea!

• Caught him Anaheim, CA (just across the freeway from Disneyland) in 1987 at Jezebels, a small club. With Neil Carter, Bob Daisley, Eric Singer. What a nite and what a show. He blew us all away!

• Run for Cover is one of my fave albums (perhaps because of GH on vocals in places). What would have happended if it had been Hughes/ Moore or Moore Hughes!

• A great loss of an incredibly talented guitarist :(

I saw him back in the 80's when he was quite simply phenomenal.
    Had the We Want Moore album blasting out in the car today.
    Just listen to the blistering fretwork and monster riffing :eek: :bow: :guitarmet

Saw him most recently on the "Monsters of Rock Tour" supporting Whitesnake when he played stuff from the Scars album he did with the bass player from Skunk Anansie and drummer from Primal Scream.
    A great set list with a whole mixture of stuff including a quite brilliant version of Thin Lizzy's "Still In Love With You" - the only track he played on on the Night Life album and one which Brian Robertson refused to record over as he said the solo couldn't be bettered.

I really liked the Scars album but it didnt get much praise at the time.

He always had a tremendous tone to his sound and his music will certainly live on for a long time to come.

RIP :(

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• It's real sad.

Between David and I, we've seen him on countless occasions. From the early days down The Marquee to Wolfgangs in SF, Hammersmith and Donnington in the UK, but I was lucky enough to catch him while he was still with Lizzy in 1979 at the annual 'Day On Green' in Oakland, when Journey headlined :camera:

Still got the memories, so unfortunately that will have to do now :(

• It's real sad.

Between David and I, we've seen him on countless occasions. From the early days down The Marquee to Wolfgangs in SF, Hammersmith and Donnington in the UK, but I was lucky enough to catch him while he was still with Lizzy in 1979 at the annual 'Day On Green' in Oakland, when Journey headlined :camera:

Still got the memories, so unfortunately that will have to do now :(

great pic!, I witnessed the Long Beach show a day earlier, and Gary ruled the stage. I believe he walked out of Thin Lizzy after the Oakland show and headed back to LA and met up with Glenn and prepared for his G-Force project.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!