Whitesnake TOUR 2011 is COMING!

• Scandinavian promoters are NOW booking Whitesnake for festivals in early summer 2011. It seems that European and UK dates are following soon :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Scandinavian promoters are NOW booking Whitesnake for festivals in early summer 2011. It seems that European and UK dates are following soon :thumbup:

One gig is confirmed for June 22, 2011, in Milano, Italy. You make looky-looky here:

http://www.songkick.com/artists/505217-whitesnake

Now you know where to spend your next holiday! ;)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Wow, that's an old photo on that link. John Sykes in his younger years. Left long ago. Now we got Doug and the other guy. It's gonna be a busy Purple and related year 2011 for me: Doogie White, Glenn solo (I hope), Deep Purple and Orchestra, Black Country Communion and Whitesnake (and maybe Jon Lord) :)

• Wow, that's an old photo on that link. John Sykes in his younger years. Left long ago. Now we got Doug and the other guy. It's gonna be a busy Purple and related year 2011 for me: Doogie White, Glenn solo (I hope), Deep Purple and Orchestra, Black Country Communion and Whitesnake (and maybe Jon Lord) :)

John Sykes left long ago - hahaha, good joke! :D Let's say he was kicked out, that is nearer to the truth!
    Hope that DC's voice will be better than on the last European tour. The tour with Alice Cooper in Germany was a desaster for him... :(
    Jon Lord - so far four dates are confirmed. You can choose between Germany and France :bouncer:

• Lots of Whitesnake tourdates on their site!. Soon a new album and a lot of shows. Hope David's voice will be better than the last tours. Let's hope.

• I agree Willem. I have got tix for the Manchester UK show but do not have high expectations after witnessing the poor quality shows in support to Def Lep a couple of years back.

David's voice is fine on the acoustic tracks but falls short way short on anything else.

However, don't you think it's remarkable that both halves of the 'Unrighteous Brothers' (GH/DC) are stll touring some 35 plus years after their supposed heyday !!

mikey 'the bass it don't lie' D

• Hi Mikey,
    It shows that both GH and DC are still very creative souls! Glenn's voice is still superb (maybe become better). I hope David will be better the coming tour. He has a lot of great backing singers in his group(!). So he don't have to sing the high regions. Maybe it's also a good idea for David to sing the more bluesy material from the old days. Some heavier songs are to difficult now for him. Don't play these songs, please. (Ian Gillan understands this very well, he doesn't sing Child in Time anymore, but sings the songs he can sing). So come on DC, sing Walking in the shadow of the blues and Ready and willing and that kind of stuff and it will be O.K. :thumbup:

• Hi Mikey,
    So come on DC, sing Walking in the shadow of the blues and Ready and willing and that kind of stuff and it will be O.K. :thumbup:

Wise words, Willem, I do agree. If only somebody would tell DC... :confused:
    'Live... in the heart of the city' is still my fav album.

• Hi Mikey,
    It shows that both GH and DC are still very creative souls! Glenn's voice is still superb (maybe become better). I hope David will be better the coming tour. He has a lot of great backing singers in his group(!). So he don't have to sing the high regions. Maybe it's also a good idea for David to sing the more bluesy material from the old days. Some heavier songs are to difficult now for him. Don't play these songs, please. (Ian Gillan understands this very well, he doesn't sing Child in Time anymore, but sings the songs he can sing). So come on DC, sing Walking in the shadow of the blues and Ready and willing and that kind of stuff and it will be O.K. :thumbup:

Glenn is definitely singing better than ever, and he's probably the only great singer from the day that actually is better now than then. Paul Rodgers still sings amazingly well, as did Ronnie James Dio up until his passing, but very few others have kept their voices as well. David is someone who hasn't, which is sad. I'm a HUGE DC fan, in fact his best stuff from Deep Purple and early Whitesnake is as good as it gets for me.

Unfortunately David lost that fat high midrange part of his voice a long time ago, so singing a lot of the old material isn't possible for him anymore, he can't even do "Mistreated" anymore. I think his words were.. "like trying to fit an old pair of clothes you've outgrown" or something to that effect.

He still sounds great in the lower register, as he did on the unplugged 'Starkers in Tokyo" performance. I'd like to see him leave the 80's glam era behind him and get back to his roots. I would also love to see David and Glenn do something new together, David writing stuff to suit where his voice is today, and we all know Glenn is singing amazingly. They both still love soul, blues and rock, i'm sure they'd do something cool!

• Wise words, Willem, I do agree. If only somebody would tell DC... :confused:
    'Live... in the heart of the city' is still my fav album.

1+ should skip all but still ...and is this live from the never albums in europe he can get away with that i think.

• I hope and think Forevermore will be very good. In the studio, where David can do things over and over , he will sound GOOD. Live it's different, we have to wait. But Doug Aldrich RULES, he is O.K.. And with a few beers it will be even better for US. Let's have some FUN :thumbup:

• It's a shame that David didn't stick with the Restless Heart, Into the Light lower voice direction, but he's kind of screwed if he wants to play live, anything that's popular is just too high. In some cases, it was too high when it was recorded to play live!

• Unfortunately David lost that fat high midrange part of his voice a long time ago, so singing a lot of the old material isn't possible for him anymore, he can't even do "Mistreated" anymore.

Thanks to a sinus operation!

Interesting interview with Marco Mendoza:

"My time in Whitesnake was a great time, I loved every second of it. Going back to my time with John Sykes we did a great live album that wasn't well received for whatever reason. I'm a guy that if I make mistakes or have issues with somebody I like to resolve them. The truth is life is too short, bury the hatchet if you will, and move on. I like to keep my sanity, resentments are not good period. I was a little disappointed that John and David weren't able to forgive and more forward, but they make their own choices. I haven't spoke to David Coverdale since I left Whitesnake."

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/interviews/marcomendoza.shtml

So many hard feelings... :(

• :cool: i always loved David Coverdales bluesy vocals. Although he might not being able to sing numbers like "still of the night" for good example but he can do wonderful vocals like on "Northwinds". I love this record, because it shows fantastic musically moments with his lower voice. Very soulful, bluesy and sometimes lill gospel-sounding.
    But i'm dreaming again of a mark 3 reunion. Together with Glenn Davids voice sounds fantastic, as we can hear on "You keep on moving", which of course is mark 4 but i would love it, if Blackmore would play it too.

• I think Blackmore sr. won't do a Mk3 reunion. Maybe, someday Blackmore jr.. Just for a tour and a live dvd. Would be nice. But now we have fortunately BCC and that's great :thumbup:

• ;) hi Willem,
    do you have infos 'bout Blackmore's Ideas with mark 3? When i see concert dvds with Blackmore i always notice a strong rythmic wizard who plays sometimes very funky. Together with Glenns accentuated Bass they would burn the stage in seconds.

• I think Blackmore sr. won't do a Mk3 reunion. Maybe, someday Blackmore jr.. Just for a tour and a live dvd. Would be nice. But now we have fortunately BCC and that's great :thumbup:

agree with this !! :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!