New Deep Purple album to be recorded spring 2011!

• According to an interview that Steve Morse recently did with More-Metal.com, a new Purple album is already scheduled to be recorded in a FEW MONTHS (early spring 2011?). They will go to a remote place to record the album. Yes, great news: hopefully we have the coming summer a great-sounding Deep Purple album. That's what we like :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• According to an interview that Steve Morse recently did with More-Metal.com, a new Purple album is already scheduled to be recorded in a FEW MONTHS (early spring 2011?). They will go to a remote place to record the album. Yes, great news: hopefully we have the coming summer a great-sounding Deep Purple album. That's what we like :thumbup:

Hi Willem, Haven't had the time to see the whole interview yet. Know what I like? Going to a Purple concert tonight - yeeehaaa! :) :bouncer: :bouncer: Will send a review shortly. Yvonne

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hi Willem, Haven't had the time to see the whole interview yet. Know what I like? Going to a Purple concert tonight - yeeehaaa! :) :bouncer: :bouncer: Will send a review shortly. Yvonne

Have fun !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

New Purple record.. believe that when I see it... :confused:

• According to a very recent interview with Steve Morse at NAMM: DP have booked a studio in Spain in March 2011 for what seems to be the beginning of the new Deep Purple album (one more ****ing time, as Lemmy would say). Cheers :thumbup:

• According to a very recent interview with Steve Morse at NAMM: DP have booked a studio in Spain in March 2011 for what seems to be the beginning of the new Deep Purple album (one more ****ing time, as Lemmy would say). Cheers :thumbup:

A studio in Spain... Jeez, do they deserve this. Good weather, Tapas, Flamenco, the wine will be flowing - perfect working conditions for a superb album! :bouncer:

Working title "de nada" ;) :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• A studio in Spain... Jeez, do they deserve this. Good weather, Tapas, Flamenco, the wine will be flowing - perfect working conditions for a superb album! :bouncer:

Working title "de nada" ;) :D

mouaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Alcohol will bring DP creativity, I hope :)
    Let's make these recording a quicky like BCC. Plug in, play and record. Live in the studio :thumbup:

• I just hope it's a good one. Rapture had a couple of good songs, but I hated the rest. I tried the put it away and give it another chance and it' didn't work later either.

• Rapture of the Deep had a few decent songs, but overall it didn't do much for me. Bananas, on the other hand, was quite good. I absolutely love the song "Haunted", as well as "House of Pain" and "I Got Your Number". If the band can shake it up and get out of the mid-tempo rut that they seem to lapse into, and bring back the spirit that's inherent in the albums they recorded back when they were much more prolific, I'll be so happy. They're an incredibly talented group of guys. I want to see them break a sweat and really push themselves, and when I get the album in my hands I want it to blow my socks off.

Imagine an album full of tracks like...

Highway Star
    Black Night
    Perfect Strangers
    Fireball
    Pictures of Home
    Knocking at Your Back Door
    Child in Time
    No No No
    Gypsy's Kiss
    Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming

On a related note, lemme just say that the Deep Purple family tree has so much great music to offer...more so than any other band family tree I can think of. In addition to their classic material recorded with various lineups, I have enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) all of the offshoots, side projects, pre-Purple bands, solo albums and assorted curiosities I have listened to over the years. What a diverse and prolific bunch: Black Country Communion, Episode Six, Blackmore's Night, Rainbow, Gillan, Paice/Ashton/Lord, Whitesnake, Gary Moore band, Phenomena, Warhorse, Nick Simper's Fandango, Captain Beyond, Trapeze, Quatermass, Artwoods, Gillan/Glover...and solo albums by Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Jon Lord, Steve Morse, Don Airey, Joe Lynn Turner, Glenn Hughes, David Coverdale and Tommy Bolin.

Jon Lord's most recent album To Know Such Things, in particular, is fantastic. A powerful and heartfelt collection of orchestral works capped off by a spoken piece featuring actor Jeremy Irons. Superb.

• All bar one written by Blackmore. Morse is a great player but just hasn't come up with the riffs. Abandon was the last decent album.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I've liked all the Morse-era albums, with the exception of the lackluster Rapture Of The Deep. Purpendicular is outstanding, and among my favorites by the band. It's very creative, and has some great songs. Having said that, I also feel like it deviates from the Purple sound a bit. So it's not that Morse doesn't write good songs, it's that he doesn't spit out riffs like Blackmore did. Then again, neither does Blackmore anymore. Want a Blackmore clone? Give Yngwie Malmsteen a handful of sedatives to calm his playing down, and sit him down with the band...

You can't really compare Morse NOW to Blackmore THEN.

Blackmore himself is a different player now, too. I think the stuff he does with Blackmore's Night is far more enjoyable than the material he wrote for the last couple Purple albums he was on.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!