WHO CARES: Another SUPERGROUP is coming!

• WOW. I heard a soundclip of OUT OF MY MIND: Great Sabbath sound with superb Ian Gillan on vocals. This ROCKS :thumbup: Coming out in May on Vinyl single )very limited' CD with bonus DVD and of course Download. WHO CARES, I do :)

• here's the video promo
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alwYQMGtvzE']YouTube - WhoCares: Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi & Friends.[/ame]

• The single Out of my mind (which have to come out in in few weeks) is already nr. 2 in the Amazon single charts. Great music by Gillan Iommi, Lord and friends :thumbup:

• Hi Lioness and Keith,
    Tonight I read it on the Highway Star that WHO CARES might get a follow up in april 2012. Ian and Tony have booked a week studio time and they see what will come out of that. Could be interesting :)

• The WhoCares double-CD will be released in North America on August 28. This might be another masterpiece, announced are as well two unreleased songs of Tony Iommi feat. Glenn Hughes!

CD1:
    1. WhoCares “Out Of My Mind”
    Featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (Metallica), Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
    2. Black Sabbath “Zero The Hero”
    3. Ian Gillan feat. Iommi, Ian Paice and Roger Glover “Trashed”
    4. M. Rakintzis feat. Ian Gillan “Get Away”
    5. Tony Iommi feat G.Hughes “Slip Away”
    6. Gillan “Don’t Hold Me Back”
    7. Ian Gillan “She Thinks It’s A Crime”
    8. Repo Depo feat. Ian Gillan “Easy Come, Easy Go”
    9. Deep Purple feat. Ronnie James Dio “Smoke On The Water” (live with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)

CD2:
    1. WhoCares “Holy Water”
    Featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (Metallica), Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
    2. Black Sabbath “Anno Mundi”
    3. Tony Iommi feat. G. Hughes “Let it Down Easy”
    4. Ian Gillan “Hole in My Vest”
    5. Gillan & Glover feat. Dr.John “Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave me”
    6. Ian Gillan & The Javelins “Can I Get A Witness”
    7. Garth Rockett & The Moonshiners aka IG “No Laughing in Heaven”
    8. Ian Gillan “When A Blind Man Cries” (Live at Absolute Radio, previously unreleased)
    9. Deep Purple “Dick Pimple”

More informations: www.antimusic.com/news/12/August/09Tony_Iommi_and_Ian_Gillan_Releasing_Double_Disc_Rarities_Album.shtml

• There is a review of the album in the new edition of Classic Rock (Sept 2012) - "a cornucopia of delights"

the Born Again song Trashed is the Gillan's Inn version.

the "unreleased" tracks with Glenn were actually issued in 2005 - just not on the original album.

Let It Down Easy
    was the Japanese bonus track and one of my favourites of the whole superb album. I got it played at a rock night a couple of months ago and it went down a storm with hardly anyone knowing who it was.

Slip Away was given away with Rolling Stones Magazine

• That was quick, the double-cd arrived today and is just playing over my headphones. Yes, the two songs of Glenn with Tony were outtakes of "Fused" as it says in one of the articles. Nice booklet with some explaining words to each song. Couldn't resist to take a photo of the page for "Slip Away":

To "Let It Down Easy" Tony wrote: "Another rarity only available in Japan, we were looking for a straight ahead upbeat track and this is the result! I'd like to say thank you to Glenn Hughes for agreeing that these tracks could be used for this CD."

• As you may have read on the Highway Star, Ian Gillan and his wife Bron were present during the opening of the new music school in Gyumri, Armenia, last week, funded by the "Who Cares" project.

During the ceremony, Gillan was presented with his portrait, done by an Armenian artist :cool:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!