RJD: ROCK LEGACY AWARD!

• Ronnie James Dio will be presented with the Hollywood F.A.M.E. Rock Legacy Award on November 18th at the Paramount Theater in L.A..
    I gues Wendy Dio will be there! Long live Rock and Roll!

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• :bouncer: If anyone deserves this, it's RJD! :clapper: Knowing Ronnie and his dedication to his fans, I guess he sits on his cloud now, shaking his head and saying: "Are you sure, this is for me?"

Willem, do you know that Ronnie got his first gold record for the Butterfly Ball - and he gave it back?! Because it was in the name of Roger Glover. Ronnie was so annoyed about this that he returned the record!! And... he got a new one in his name. Well done, Ronnie! There is a clip about this on youtube, I'll make a quick dash and see if I can find it...

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hi Willem, this is the link. Ronnie starts at 8:04:

[ame='

Roger Glover's The Butterfly Ball Pt.2[/ame]

:cool:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hi Lioness,
    Nice words you said about RJD! The video fragment, I have seen on Dutch television, years ago. I must have some old copy on VHS. In Holland we had originally the single Love is all, with a cover were only Roger Glover was mentioned (with Guests). Many people thought that Roger was the singer with that GREAT VOICE. But we know better ;)

• a more than desreved award to a true Legend :bow:
    Ronnie was one of the most unbelievable Artists ever, and a true Gentleman :singer:
    :clapper: Long Live Rock 'n Roll :clapper:

"Turn back the Time and let me in"

• If you want to see a different side of Ronnie, check out his performances of Sitting In A Dream and Love Is All, live at the Royal Albert Hall with Deep Purple and a full orchestra. Great stuff! :claphands

• Indeed excellent stuff. he did that also in 2000 with Deep Purple on tour: Concerto for Group and Orchestra. He did four songs and some singalong on Purple stuff :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!