David Coverdale - The Jewish Mother of Rock?

• For those, who like to read a bit about life around rock music, I recently found this funny quote on the highwaystar:

Must admit I've never heard about this Guy Pratt before, but is sounds like a delicous read, and as the book is still available on amazon, I'm going to order it straight away.
    Greets, Yvonne

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• David was and still is a very nice person! Unfortunately we had never seen the change to see Coverdale and Page together in Europe!

• Willem, next time I post to DC, I will ask him if Jimmy ever has been a house guest of him... and if he took care that Jimmy has been to the loo :D
    Ever seen this?

• I remember reading his Mother was Catholic and his Father was Protestant, and this was a bone of some contension.

There's a great bit in the book, where a young Guy Pratt goes to a punk gig, where he meets a young punk who has travelled down from the North of England. The fashion of the time was to rename yourself in a punk fashion "Johnny Rotten & Sid Vicious" and the young punk had done so accordingly, he then asks Guy what's his name? 'Guy Pratt' to which the young punk replies "that's brilliant how did you come up with that" haha

• Hi Matt ;)
    Thanks for your comments. Looool - can hardly wait to get my copy now! So, the gentleman wears silk... nothing but the best for DC's behind :D

• Hi Patrick,
    To be honest, I never really liked the whole project. DC tried too much to sound like Robert Plant. And it DID hurt his voice... if you ask me!

• I could never understand that about coverdale, I love him but the dudes a baritone, granted a baritone with a nice upward extension, but he was pushing his voice into places it shouldn't have went, something was going to give.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!