Planet Rock debut One Last Soul by Black Country Communion

• This evening, UK radio station Planet Rock, debuted "One Last Soul", the first track made available from Glenn's new band, Black Country Communion, also featuring Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian.

Take a listen and as the presenter, Nicky Horne, says at the end... what d'ya think?

For those in the UK, be sure and keep tunin' in to Planet Rock as they will be hosting a special live event featuring the band in September :cool:

Meantime, Planet Rock will air the segment again at 9:00PM GMT (1:00PM PDT / 4:00PM EDT) :thumbup:

:cool1:

• Just listened to it on Planet Rock - excellent! :cool1:

Classic song - classic structure - great chorus, that's what a "single" actually needs. Mighty sound! And Glenn is definitely back to R O C K ! :singer:

Now looking even more forward to listening to the whole album!

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Listened to the clip and currently tuned in ready for the 9pm airing! Sounds good in recorded format as well as having previews of the live version from the Riverside gig!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• was ok.

Not wow, but ok.

Joe and Glenn great. Guitar very much to the fore with a throbbing bass in the backgound. Glenn's vocals great as always.

Will wait to hear it a few more times but, i don't know, will wait and see.

Paul

• my windows media player won't play this file :confused:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Make sure you download it, not stream it... it works fine from here, so I assume your WMP is trying to load it directly, vs. you downloading separately and playing it off-line... that's what you need to do with it.

got it David,

• Haha - Keith - I've just had the song going through my head while I was eating my dinner at work and thought I'd check out what folk were saying about it! Although usually when I get a song stuck in my head it's one I just heard on the radio but don't like or something daft like The Bear Went Over the Mountain or something - but this time it's just in my head for no reason so I guess that means it's a good song!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Classic Glenn :singer: in the second verse.

• Thanks David..What a song,great riffs, Real hardrock.

Glenn ,,,Man you ROCK,Not since H&T i hear your rock voice again.
    im so happy too hear GLENN HUGHES.Wich you all the best and hope BCC comes to SWEDEN.

• Make sure you download it, not stream it... it works fine from here, so I assume your WMP is trying to load it directly, vs. you downloading separately and playing it off-line... that's what you need to do with it.

I can't get it to download anything but an m3u file which is only a playlist!!

• I can't get it to download anything but an m3u file which is only a playlist!!

"Save Target As..." (or equivalent depending on your browser) from your web browser to download it - if that doesn't work, check you settings in your media player. It's downloadable, but sounds like your setup is attempting to stream it... which is fine, but not what it sounds like you want :)

• i had trouble with this my self till i figured out how to bypass my downloader -cant wait to hear the rest :claphands :claphands

• I consider my self very computer literate but 3 different browsers all insisted on downloading the m3u file.
    Finally got it!! That was way harder than it needed to be!!

• Firstly, I'd like to say hello to all the existing forum members. I've only just signed up and this is my first post. I've been a Glenn Hughes fan since first hearing Deep Purple - Made in Europe when I was just eight years old in 1980. Since then I've followed most of his major and minor projects and seen him live many times in the UK (where I lived until 2006), from The Astoria in London to Wolverhampton Civic Hall. I'm a regular visitor to this site and very much enjoy the news updates and comments.

I think I share the excitement of most GH fans on the imminent BCC album and (hopefully) resultant tour. However, on downloading the One Last Soul track today, I must say that I was quite disappointed with the production (not the performances or song).

I've watched the You Tube videos on the BCC website regarding the approach to recording the album and understand that they chose to go with an accelerated recording process, mainly due to scheduling issues as I understand. While I appreciate this, I hope that the download version of One Last Soul is not the final cut, as the mix was poorly balanced IMHO. The guitar was well to the fore, but the vocals and rhythm section were not as clear and well placed in the mix as I would expect. I sincerely hope that this is the case, as if not, it would raise my concerns that Kevin Shirley is focusing too much on Joe B and not the band as a whole (I'm a big Bonamassa fan BTW, and therefore am not biased towards GH - in fact, I almost wet myself when I heard the BCC project was happening). I really hope that this project is allowed to become a true band, rather than just a vehicle for one or two but not all of the members.

That's all I have to say. Sorry for the ramble, but I am a genuine fan who wanted speak up. I may or may not post on this forum again, but I look forward to seeing you at a BCC or GH gig sometime soon.

Cheers!!!

• First off, welcome aboard davi1346 :)

You don't need to stress about favouritism in the production. I don't hear what you are, but from my standpoint, each member gets more than equal time. As I mention in my initial thoughts, I highlight that this is Jason Bonham's finest hour, Derek Sherinian is more than audible, especially on the final track. Joe Bonamassa and Glenn are definitely in the forefront, meaning they are the two most are going to look out for, what with both being vocalists on this release.

Kevin Shirley has done a good job - so remember, this isn't a GH or Bonamassa etc solo record, it's a new band, so they have their own production sound.

So I'll be surprised if you don't walk away happy :cool:

• Hi David,

I appreciate your reply to my post. The BCC project is something that I'm very excited about and I'll be purchasing the CD for sure. However, my observations on the production of the One Last Soul download track remain unchanged. However, I'm not the kind of poster who raises a point to cause a heated argument (I'm a fan with better things to do), so I'm going to hold off any more comments on this until I've listened to the whole album. I'd be very happy for my initial fears to be unfounded.

Just like most of the posters on this site, I really do wish Glenn and the guys every success with this project and hope that they visit my vicinity if/when they tour. Live is where I know the band will really shine, regardless of my opinion of the record.

Finally David, I think you're doing a great job and I enjoy reading your posts regardless of whether I agree with all of them. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!!!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!