• Hi to all,

I'm a newbie on this site. Have been a lurker for some time and liked what I saw, so decided to become a member.

I am from Germany, Deep Purple fan since 1970 and - obviously - a Glenn Hughes fan. Can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming BCC album, which for me will be in vinyl.

Look forward to chatting with other fans from all over the world!

Greets for now, enjoy the weekend, Yvonne

And a big :clapper: for this site!

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hi Yvonne,
    I hope we have a lot of nice discussions about Deep Purple, Glenn and related musicians, lets rock!

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Hi Willem,

Thanks for your reply, very pleased to meet you here, my neighbour around the corner ! ;)

I look very much forward to our discussions. Are you going to see DP in the near future? I will, in November, can hardly wait. I saw Glenn with DP in 1975, unfortunately they didn't come to my hometown in 1974 and they didn't tour in Germany at all after Tommy Bolin joined.

I very much hope that BCC will come to Germany next year - and of course to Holland as well!

Yeah, let's rock!

Dag, Yvonne

• Hallo Yvonne,
    I've unfortunately never seen Glenn with Deep Purple (Mk3 or 4). The Mk2 line up played in the early seventies a gig in the RAI Amsterdam. The band and of course, most of all, mr. Blackmore, were in a bad mood. They only played a small half hour and then went of stage.
    The crowd was very angry and shouted for more. But there wasn't more.
    After that the thousands in the crowd destroyed the P.A. and some instruments. After that the band didn't come for a long time to Holland.
    The first time after that show, I had the change to see them, was in Rotterdam 1987. Blackmore was pissed again, because he lost that afternoon with football.
    They played a very short version of Space Trucking and a routine version of Smoke on the water after that. No encores! But it was legendary Deep Purple Mk2 and the show had some great moments.

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Bon soir, Stormbringer 74,
    merci beaucoup, mon petit chou... :heart: ;) thanks for the welcome. Pleased to meet you, my neighbour from the South. Hope we will meet here often.
    Au revoir et bonne nuit! Yvonne
    (and this is where my French ends :D)

• nice try ! :clapper::clapper: totally impossible for me to do the same thing in german.. :confused:
    see you soon here Yvonne..

Gutten tag (is that correct ? )

Patrick ;)

• Olá Vinicius, :)
    Muito obrigado for the welcome and for your friendship! I know that Brazil has a lot of Rock fans, it's not all soccer. How is Pelé?
    Re: your signature... and let me in! In where - the world of Rock? Luv, you're in it here, coz Glenn is where the Rock is... or vice versa!
    See ya, Yvonne ;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!