Dio tribute show with Heaven and Hell!!

• Hi all,

Glenn is appearing at the High Voltage festival in London on the 24th July!!

This will be a one off appearance with Iommi, Butler and Appice as a tribute to the great RJD.

Full details here http://www.highvoltagefestival.com

Time to book tickets back home to blighty :)

PJ
    [ame='

Exclusive Tony Iommi / Dio Tribute At High Voltage Interview[/ame]
    [ame='
    Joe Elliott High Voltage Festival Interview.mov[/ame]

Heaven & Hell have confirmed they are returning to High Voltage Festival with guest vocalists Glenn Hughes and Jorn Lande on Sat 24th July 2010 to perform an exclusive 'Tribute To Ronnie James Dio'. This will be an unmissable emotional tribute to a true rock legend that High Voltage are honoured to be associated with.

This arrived from High Voltage this AM. What an incredible gig this is shaping up to be.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• I am so gutted I'm not actually going to make High Voltage Festival as have freinds coming down from Scotland to spend the weekend with us - it will be such a special event and something that you just wouldn't want to miss if you could go! I hope everybody who does go has an awesome time and gives a full write up! Say a prayer for Ronnie form me too!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• This is a great tribute to the best metal singer ever by two of the greatest in hard rock.
    Not many rock singers can sing the Dio material good. Bus Glenne and also Jorn can do it very well, in their own style :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• How spooky that Ian and Frank were thinking and writing about the same thing at the same time. Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• I just read on Joe Siegler's Black Sabbath forum that there are some rumours that the 60 minutes (!) tribute show will be recorded for cd or dvd. That would be nice. Especially when the money goes to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout cancer fund.

• Thanks for that willem - that would be wonderful! :thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Gary and Glenn back to back :eek:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Gary and Glenn back to back :eek:

Judging from Glenn's twitter message about a month ago, there'll certainly will be no collaboration with Gary (ever) again...

Ugh..just bumped into Gary Moore on the plane..he was not pleasant..old behaviour?...next...GH 4:02 PM May 23rd via OpenBeak

MEDUSA

• It must be very difficult and emotional for Glenn to do the tribute concert next weekend. After Ronnie he lost another great friend, Andy. R.I.P. Ronnie and Andy!
    Glenn, I wish you a lot of strengt in this difficult time. God bless you!
    Let your music do the talking!

• Jorn Lande, the greaat singer who did the vocals on The Snakes, sounding like an angry young DC. He also sang with Glenn (and others) on Nostradamus. He did songs like burn and stormbringer. He is a Dio fan for many years and recorded the Dio tribute album before Ronnie was getting ill. The album will come out next month (with Song for Ronnie James).

I hope he will also play al lot of Purple and Dio stuff on his upcoming European tour this autumn. You can see this great singer in some small venues, like three shows in Holland in October. One of this three shows is in a club, well known by Glenn fans: the 9th October 2010 in de Kade in Zaandam. Let's Rock :thumbup:

• From todays' Express & Star newspaper in the UK...

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2010/07/08/glenn-hughes-on-ronnie-james-dio-heaven-hell-at-high-voltage-festival

• High Voltage Radio Special Set To Air On Planet Rock

Planet Rock are set to run a very special one hour show all around this year’s High Voltage Festival, set to take place in Victoria Park on July 24th and 25th.

The show will feature interviews and contributions from:

Tony Iommi and Glenn Hughes on their tribute to the memory and music of Ronnie James Dio.
    Chris Ingham – organizer
    Martin Tuner – Wishbone Ash
    Joe Bonamassa
    Randy Bachman
    Emerson Lake and Palmer

These special High Voltage shows will air on Planet Rock this Saturday July 17th at 6:00PM GMT (10:00AM PDT, 1:00PM EDT) and will be repeated on Thursday July 22nd at 11:00PM GMT (3:00PM PDT, 6:00PM EDT).

Planet Rock is available on DAB digital radio in the UK, Sky 0110, Virgin Media 924, Freesat 730 and Online worldwide.

http://www.planetrock.com

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!