BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - Debut review

• Wow, I'm quite impressed with the new CD. Really cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing the guys on tour in 2011 :bouncer:

ROCK AND ROLL!

Hi to Cologne :thumbup: Ah, finally one of my fellow German members came on the scene again. Where you've been all the time, lazybones, carnival is long over... :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• I can't stop listening to this great, great release. I feel it's the best thing I have heard for many years. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone else, but I think Kevin Shirley should be given a mention for doing such a fine job on the album.

• Another good'un :D

I’ve been backing away from reviewing this album as if they didn’t do the Black Country justice I’d have slagged them off mercilessly. Thankfully, they haven’t as it’s first rate and if there’s any secret gigs, I want to be there. It’s hard to believe that this 12 track album was recorded in a matter of days (OK, there’s more than one rock cliché included) but it’s a credit to the musicians and evidence that Black Country rock runs in their veins.

http://www.flyglobalmusic.com/fly/archives/e…_communion.html

• Here's a review from the latest issue of UK music publication, Kerrang - October 2nd, 2010.

Black Country Communion

KKK

Classic Rock Supergroup Flex Their Muscles With Brawny Debut

• The UK's biggest Led Zeppelin magazine, “Tight But Loose”, have just published a major Black Country Communion feature in their October issue, which hit the newsstands this week.

The feature includes interviews with Glenn, Jason and Joe, complete with a stunning review of the album :cool1:

Clearly on the evidence of this album there's no holding back with Black Country Communion. This is mission accomplished and purveyors of this updated brand of classic rock would be well advised to join the faith.

• UK publication, "Blues Matters!” magazine, have the Black Country Communion album featured as the lead album review in this month’s issue; the band is also featured on the cover. A fully fledged feature on BCC will be in their next issue.

Blues rock never died, but Black Country Communion are the power station of it's revival.

• Oh it get's a thumbs up review from my ten year old daughter! Bringing her back from swimming this morning, i plug my ipod into the car and she says 'can we listen to that Black Country thingy', and she then starts to sing before i even get it on 'i am a messenger'! :thumbup: :D

So the young un's like it too! Maybe i've been playing it a bit too much :lol:

Paul

• Oh it get's a thumbs up review from my ten year old daughter! Bringing her back from swimming this morning, i plug my ipod into the car and she says 'can we listen to that Black Country thingy', and she then starts to sing before i even get it on 'i am a messenger'! :thumbup:

You're not alone Paul, our one is way into 'Black Country', 'Beggar Man' and 'Medusa' and his fave so far is 'Song Of Yesterday'... luvs the humming - hmmm, hmmmm, hmmmmm, hmmmmmm - got to say though, it drives me crazy at times :div27: :)

• Nice one Paul, when we were in Glasgow last Saturday our 6 year old nephew wanted to ride in Martins car a lot which we had the CD playing in - he said he liked it too and asked if it was Glenn Hughes! I felt so proud! And I also had a proud moment when my 10 year old niece was choosing her bridesmaid dress and the colour chart had 'Deep Purple' on it - Rebecca looked at me and said that's a band Glenn Hughes was in isn't it?' Of course she ended up with the Deep Purple Dress.

Mike D when in Dudley got pictures in HMV with a massive wall of the BCC albums stacked up in there! The BCC album is selling fantastically on the 'Swag' too! A lot of people asking if any of them have the DVD with them - which sadly all sold out on the presale so all you lucky people who got the presale limited edition version - you got something that loads of people want!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• A short but sweet one from today's (Sunday) edition of Austria's daily newspaper "Kurier".

Translates roughly...

This prominently staffed band (Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Derek Sherinian, Jason Bonham) delivers astonishingly fresh Rock between Cream, Led Zep and Gary Moore.

("- guitar" stands for Guido Tartarotti, who wrote the review)

• Mike D when in Dudley got pictures in HMV with a massive wall of the BCC albums stacked up in there! The BCC album is selling fantastically on the 'Swag' too! A lot of people asking if any of them have the DVD with them - which sadly all sold out on the presale so all you lucky people who got the presale limited edition version - you got something that loads of people want!

Was in HMV this morning in Exeter and they had 6 BCC cds in the chart section at no.11. a mixture of special editions and not! then upstairs in the pop&rock section 3 more copies, 1 of which was the special edition. All were at £9.99.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• More positive reviews. The first one also from Germany, but this time really in German (which will please a lot of people here :p :D)

"Album exceeds all expectations"

http://biotechpunk.de/2010/09/review…-black-country/

( biotechpunk - OMG, what's that now... :huh: )

But the one from "Guitar International" is in English again ;)

http://guitarinternational.com/wpmu/2010/09/2…n-album-review/

"This is hard rock for 2010..." Yeeehaaa :bouncer:

• Another excellent review, this one from our neighbour Switzerland (the review is as good as their cheese :D )

Michael Herb of "Stringworks": "I can highly recommend what these four musicians deliver here".
    Nine out of ten points - whoopee :clapper: :thumbup:

http://www.stringworks.ch/black-country-…ntry-communion/

According to hitparade.ch, the album is at No. 54 of the Swiss charts currently. Guess it takes a bit longer to climb those Alps ;)

• I'm with ya Paul. I'm glad- very glad- that our GH is finally getting some attention- some real attention! But I'm feeling more and more than a little bit ticked off and mystified that albums like Hughes Thrall, FNow On, Feel, Addiction, TWII, SITKOR and HTP1 (or take your pick-of any GH albums- they are all great) didn't generate any kind of buzz like this has. Or for that matter, the trio of 2005-2008 Chad Smith GH albums. I'm still not quite taken with this yet, but I'm still listening to it. I just don't think it's even close to those other records that only sold to people like us. I told somebody the other day it would be like Led Zeppelin doing nothing but then Coverdale Page out selling all the Zep records or Plant/Krauss doing the same. It's not too late- you guys watch- if in print, they all will start selling like never before. Madness.

• I'm with ya Paul. I'm glad- very glad- that our GH is finally getting some attention- some real attention! But I'm feeling more and more than a little bit ticked off and mystified that albums like Hughes Thrall, FNow On, Feel, Addiction, TWII, SITKOR and HTP1 (or take your pick-of any GH albums- they are all great) didn't generate any kind of buzz like this has. Or for that matter, the trio of 2005-2008 Chad Smith GH albums. I'm still not quite taken with this yet, but I'm still listening to it. I just don't think it's even close to those other records that only sold to people like us. I told somebody the other day it would be like Led Zeppelin doing nothing but then Coverdale Page out selling all the Zep records or Plant/Krauss doing the same. It's not too late- you guys watch- if in print, they all will start selling like never before. Madness.

While I love the mentioned albums, to say that this one isn't up there, well I don't get that. I think it's easily as good as the ones you mentined and better in some cases. It's funny because over at Joe B's board you have the exact same thing going on. You have those who are over the moon with BCC and those who are luke warm at best and don't think it compares at all to any of Joe's stuff and some who completely slag it.

Some of that is all about being in a comfort zone for them and they are very afraid that Joe is going to abandon things as they are/were. I don't know if that is true here or not but I'm sure some don't want to see Glenn in this band. Of course in many cases it's only a matter of opinion.

I think that this is a great vehicle for Glenn and all the members. I've played this album while out and about and the response has been nothing short of spectacular! I can't say that about a single other release in a long long time. It's the kind of rock we grew up on and it strikes a nerve. One that hasn't been struck in a long time with something new like this.

• I think in time I will get this album- it's just not happened yet. I remember not liking BTM (or Soul Mover) much but a year or two later I put them on and they now blow me away everytime.

• I think in time I will get this album- it's just not happened yet. I remember not liking BTM (or Soul Mover) much but a year or two later I put them on and they now blow me away everytime.

Yeah I sort of had that reaction with BTM too. I remember so many on here saying how great it was so I kept finding myself going back to it then one morning on the way to work it all hit me and I was never quite the same again.

A GHCP was born on that day :bouncer:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!