BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - Debut review

• Another good review...

Black Country Communion is a strong debut release from the band of the same name. The musicianship throughout is brilliantly executed; and the music is potent, hard, funky, energetic, and ambitious. Though a few tracks stick out in a catchy and memorable way, much of the music takes a few plays to sink in, as there’s a lot to the arrangements and musicianship. This is hard rock for 2010, and it’s powerful and progressive. These four guys are at the top of their game here, a trait that’s blatantly noticeable in every song.

http://guitarinternational.com/wpmu/2010/09/2…n-album-review/

• Another cool review :cool1:

Drawing on all that experience without sounding like you’re long enough in the tooth to have all that experience to draw on is a magical thing. Hughes in particular is on fire and in better voice than ever. Somehow – God alone knows how – wasted years of cocaine and Mars Bar binges (don’t ask) haven’t trashed any part of his anatomy required for singing. Blazing performances aside, the key here is the songs, which are wonderfully crafted. These guys have defied the odds to deliver a collection that’s all gold and no albatross.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/reviews/w68r

• It's here, It's here, It's here! I'm listening to it while I cook our tea and my God it's awesome (I'm up to track 7 so far). Glenn's vocals straight away on the first track blew me away - the Voice of Rock is in the building!!!!!! This is driving rock and there is a complimetn of harder and faster tunes with some more sedate trackes in the mix to keep a decent balance so you don't feel you are listening to the same song done in 12 different ways but thats not really a surprise at how well the tracks have been assembled. Jason is pumping the beat all the way through, the guitar riffs strong, the musicianship is really tight (particularly on the first track which stood out as having the kindof playing you would get in a Dream Theater track - good old Derek! And Glenn is just doing what he is outstanding at - no more needs to be said! Completely loving what I am hearign so far! Got to go - need to listen very intently to Medusa! xxx

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Another good one :thumbup:

Step back and witness Black Country Communion take one step off the mark, sprinting through a glorious field of roses, thorns and all, victorious enough for an extended stay and all the rewards musicians like these justly deserve. Whatever is around the corner oughta be good.

http://www.vintagerock.com/classiceye/bla…_communion.aspx

• Can I get it at Best Buy this week?

JH

You should be able to John. But worse case, it can be had right now from their website. Plug-in your ZIP on their site and it should tell you if it's stocked locally or not, otherwise an online buy is your next best bet :) The vinyl LP edition is also on offer, but not available until October 5th.

• I still haven't had time to find it yet - flat out with work, but I will get it, never fear!
    Good to see this release getting great reviews in the press. It's about time the rest of the world, woke up to the fact that GH is supreme rock royalty and an amazing talent.

• Black Country Communion self-review...

Interviewed earlier today (post debut live show last night) in London, by MusicNewsWeb, with Derek Sherinian and Joe Bonamassa. In Part 2 they tell us their favourite tracks from their debut album...

Part 1

[ame='

- Black Country Communion interview Joe Bo[/ame]

Part 2

[ame='

- Black Country Communion interview Joe Bo[/ame]

Part 3

[ame='

- Black Country Communion interview with Jo[/ame]

• Another good one :cool:

Glenn Hughes vocals throughout the album are fantastic, easily the best he's done in a long while. The mixture of his rock voice and Bonamassa's more soothing, rich vocals work very well together. Standout tracks? Not a duffer on the album!

http://rockgig.blogspot.com/2010/09/black-…bum-review.html

• First listen today and I have to say Song of Yesterday is a standout for me! But they're all great. I hope many, many new fans find out the talent of the man. And I'm just gonna keep sayin' "I told you so".

• I'll have to wait a bit longer.
    Got CD thru on Wednesday - a duffer - wouldn't play.
    Quick turnaround from Amazon and got another this morning.
    Must be a bad batch - another no player.
    Unless BCC hype management are doing a pincer to shift out all the Cds :)
    Amazon (UK) are now out of stock!!
    Looking forward to seeing Glenn in Glasgow tomorrow.

• Mine wouldn't play in the hhifi actually but did in a my mini stereo and in the car! I rarley use the stero anyway as I pop onto my hard drive and play through my laptop and some decent laptop speakers I've got usually and preserve the discs or use them in the car so no big problem but I was almost about to cry when it owudln't work but did in a differnet stereo! I'm favourign Song Of yesterday at the moment - I love the dynamics of the music and the eway the switch between Joe and Glenn's vocals work with those dynamics - the smooth and the melodic to the crescendo and the raunch of Glenn - there are so many intricacies of this song that have really cuaght my attention - even the bass note at the end of the instrumental before the MMMM's begin! I had to rewind the disc a little in my car just to listen to that one note several times! It's an absolute genius of a track in my opinion! Love it!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Mine wouldn't play in the hhifi actually but did in a my mini stereo and in the car! I rarley use the stero anyway as I pop onto my hard drive and play through my laptop and some decent laptop speakers I've got usually and preserve the discs or use them in the car so no big problem but I was almost about to cry when it owudln't work but did in a differnet stereo! I'm favourign Song Of yesterday at the moment - I love the dynamics of the music and the eway the switch between Joe and Glenn's vocals work with those dynamics - the smooth and the melodic to the crescendo and the raunch of Glenn - there are so many intricacies of this song that have really cuaght my attention - even the bass note at the end of the instrumental before the MMMM's begin! I had to rewind the disc a little in my car just to listen to that one note several times! It's an absolute genius of a track in my opinion! Love it!

It seems that everyone who has had a problem with the disc is in England. I haven't heard of a single one here anyway. Hopefully they get that worked out.

• Had to go to to two Best Buys here in orange county, that listed it in stockon the site. The first didn't have it, and the employee was extremely helpful and looked in the back to find it as well. The second, last night was the same story, except this time the guy knew what it was and had had a customer asking for it earlier in the day. Turns out the store only got two copies, he went to the back and got mine. Amazingly, it was only ten bucks- and free for me because last week I found a Best Buy gift card in my car my mom got me for my bday in April!. I would say this album is a grower and I look forward to playing it alot!

• Sweet Sista Jane, you'll drive me insane!

As i cannot get the riff and catchy chorus out of my noggin!

This, along with Song of Yesterday are my two favourite tracks. Well add Black Country in there as well, oh what about Too Late for the Sun!

Oh damn, just bung em all in!

Have a few bits and pieces that i don't like, but on the whole this is a great album.

To be truthful i don't know why it has captured the public's imagination in the way it has. What i mean by this is SITKOR, which i feel is a very similar album, didn't garner anywhere near the same praise.

Is it just the extra 'names', is it the promotion [which by the way i think has been fantastic, or it it just the timing has been right for an album of this style of music.

To be honest, don't really care, just glad for Glenn that he is getting the recognition [in sales] that his talent and performances deserve :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Paul

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!