Glenn's Autobiography

• I'd still like to get the "promised" copy of the German edition ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

German edition? No problem, can be ordered here:

http://www.amazon.de/Glenn-Hughes-D…ds=glenn+hughes

as well as the Didi Zill DP photobook :)

http://www.amazon.de/1970-2006-Numm…eep+purple+didi

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Oh man.... I'm having a blast with the first pages of this topic. I haven't done yet, so I just wanted u know that the book for you is 550 pounds, for me is 600 dollars. And if you can see the little flag next to my avatar, you will understand pretty quickly. I live in an interest country, with a very problematic relationship with foreing currency and online purchases to another country. Just to give you an idea (with the exchange) 600 american dollars, for me is ALMOST a salary and a half. Even so, I would love to have that book. Meanwhile, I'm happy with the biography. I've bought it last june and I nailed it in less than 2 weeks. I didn't care about the goddamn reviews. I wanted to read it since day one, and now I can say I did it. For me, living in Argentina, everything is almost 10 times expensive. But if I have the money, I'm please to give some to an artist I love and care so much. I refuse to download it or read it online. That's not for me. I want the book or the cd in my hand... be able to touch it... to look everything... be able to read it whenever I want. And I did what I love most: read a bloddy book. I cried, I laughed A LOT and I appreciate EVERYTHING he had wrote for all of us.

I'll keep reading all your posts. Maybe I'll make some comments, later :)

"My lack of FAITH has no SHAME"

• Oh man.... I'm having a blast with the first pages of this topic. I haven't done yet, so I just wanted u know that the book for you is 550 pounds, for me is 600 dollars. And if you can see the little flag next to my avatar, you will understand pretty quickly. I live in an interest country, with a very problematic relationship with foreing currency and online purchases to another country.

I understand perfectly what Chery says. I have lived in Spain for 14 years and a couple of months ago I came back to my country (which is Uruguay, just above Argentina, that is), and found that there is no Amazon down here in the south. I was able to buy the book by Amazon when I was in Spain, but I don't know what I am going to do from now on regarding purchases.
    By the way, I LOVED the book. I am an recovered addict, and I would like to know what messages a non-addict person gets from Glenn's experience. Please tell me your impressions.

• And how about the french edition of the autobiography ?
    No news since last year... :huh:

Dear Cobud
    I translated the book into French. It took me 3 months.
    As per my contract with Foruli, I delivered the translated text on March 31 st, 2013...More than one year ago.
    No news since then.
    I sent an email to Foruli last week asking if the French version of the book was to be published one day. The answer was....to be patient.
    I have to say I'm not patient anymore. I'm fed up and totally disappointed.

:ghcp:

• Thanks Harry.
    No news did'nt always seems good news...
    Hope you've been paid for your work.

• Concerning the financial aspect : as a translator, you get a percentage on sales.
    This is written in my contract. I signed it and accepted the terms.
    BUT I was not aware that it could take more than a year to publish the book.
    You just have a strange feeling : you've put your heart and soul in your work during 3 months and nobody cares at all.
    Anyway, the only thing to do is...to be patient :cool:

• it's really a good thing that you speak to everybody about this problem that someone of us know.. this french edition must be publish now !! it's totally ridiculous to wait because Glenn's story continues (California Breed) and the actual bio stops at BCC... so why we should wait again and again... that's not a commercial way...

• Concerning the financial aspect : as a translator, you get a percentage on sales.
    This is written in my contract. I signed it and accepted the terms.
    BUT I was not aware that it could take more than a year to publish the book.
    You just have a strange feeling : you've put your heart and soul in your work during 3 months and nobody cares at all.
    Anyway, the only thing to do is...to be patient :cool:

That's really a lousy behaviour from the publishers, dear Nath. They should at least pay you for the work you've already delivered plus the percentage. Could it be that Foruli got wind of the fact that you are a huge Hughes fan and that they try to take advantage of the situation? :rolleyes:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Dear Yvonne,
    concerning your last sentence, I must admit this crossed my mind.
    Maybe I'm too naive but I had a really good feeling with Foruli's managing director when we met in London in September 2012.
    Ok, I'm a die-hard fan and I sincerely wanted to translate this book but that's not a reason to treat me like this.
    I created my translation business to make a living, not to work as a "volunteer" during 3 months and not knowing if my work will be published one day.
    This never happens with my other clients.
    Don't know if Glenn is aware of the situation.
    Who said I'm angry ? :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!