Glenn's Autobiography

• Hey all,

I'm probably the only one, but I'd love it if Glenn did an audiobook version of his book on CD. I mean, come on, read by The Man himself? I'd be the first to buy it!

What do others think?

:thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Looks fab! I held an unproofed copy in my hands last Thursday and I have to say it looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on the whole thing and read all of it! The school report comment against music made me giggle 'pleasing voice'. Oh to be that music teacher and think how much of an underestimation that was!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Still wonder about the amount of photos in the paperback edition... which on amazon.co.uk has already been reduced from 14.95 to 12.71.

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• I just read the trailer... Glenn. I have too buy the book,im blown away.Im glad i meet you in 96 in sweden, Wish you all the best.Cheers.

• At last page 3 of the book resolves a long cloudy GH mystery. What is his actual Bday! I knew the real answer years ago but never saw anything confirming it. I first got word of this when I posted on DC's site and he mentioned words to the effect of GH actually NOT being 50 in 2002. I asked someone in the know and they confirmed it. Ok, so it indeed is:

August 21, 1951.

JH

• I sent an e-mail to Foruli today. They replied saying it will be about four weeks before orders start shipping. The books are still being printed and then have to be 'hand stitched and hand bound'.

I know it will be worth the wait in the end, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated by all the delays. Why hold a launch party and generate loads of media publicity for a book that no one can actually get? That's not a great business plan.

Rant over. I'll love it when it arrives. Eventually.

Ian

• Ian,
    Maybe they had to reprint page 3. Look at the post of JohnH... ;) :D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• i wonder what version the paperback one will be, hope there`s a lot of pics in here at least. though i`m glad that there is a paperback at all :)

• Lars Ulrich from Metallica get's his copy (he wrote the Foreward) of Glenn's limited edition Autbiography yesterday, backstage at the Sonisphere Festival in the UK.

lars_gh_book_070811.jpg
    Photography: copyright Andy Vella/Foruli 2011

Hand binding of all the pre-ordered sets is well underway, and the publishers expect to start shipping within the next 2-4 weeks.

• Great to see Lars Ulrich has received his copy of Glenn's book. All I got last week was a very cheeky e-mail from Foruli when I asked for an update about my copy and dared to criticise their customer service.

Ian

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!