Glenn's Autobiography

• Holy mackerel! After a quick perusal of book prices on the Foruli website, I'm thinking I'm gonna need to start panhandling for spare change and working some overtime to be able to afford either version of the book :eek: Hopefully Glenn's will be priced a little more modestly than the titles they're currently offering.

• If you are looking at the Razorjack one which was the only one I can find costs on - it's a Special Edition Graphic novel with Original paintings and gold leaf on them so hopefully that accounts for the price on that particular item! Otherwise I will be asking for a piggy bank for Christmas so I can save up!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• You can now pre-order the luxury "Deluxe" limited edition of Glenn's book direct from the publisher.

The book title is: The Life, Near Death and Rebirth of A Rock Star: Deep Purple & Beyond

Please keep in mind, the price of this edition will also include:

a personal signed note of thanks from Glenn on special notepaper, plus an invitation as Glenn's guest to special gigs in Europe and North America and the opportunity to meet him.

[ Pre-Order Now ]

Good news for those in North America, sounds like you're on the cards for 2010 :thumbup:

When and if I hear more on the publication details, such as a regularly priced edition, you'll see it on the web site.

Here's the official pre-order notice...

[ Pre-Order Now ]

• :eek: :eek: Wow!! :eek: :eek:

Congratulations to anyone who is in the position to buy the deluxe edition.

As someone whose been out of work for the past 13 months, I doubt I'll even be able to get the standard edition based on the prices of the other books from this publisher.

It's a shame so many of us 'regular' fans have not been thought of :(

Chip

• Wow. Just checked out the price. I love Glenn,and i have everything he has ever released but £550 for the deluxe version is a bit steep to say the least. I will get the regular edition i think

• Wow, I don't know what to say. Who do they expect to fork over such an outlandish price for a book? Certainly nobody I know. That's the kind of price you'd pay at auction for a signed first edition of 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker, or a Bible signed by God.

I can't imagine that we'll see any reviews of the book anywhere - it doesn't sound like the kind of book they'll send Classic Rock or Rolling Stone promo copies of. And it obviously won't be on any bookstore shelves. Like Chip I have to concede that the "standard" edition, even if only 1/4 the price of the deluxe edition, is likely out of the question as well. Hopefully Glenn will seek out a publisher for a paperback edition that the average fan can afford. I have a whole shelf full of rock biographies from a variety of publishers, none of which cost more than $50, so this news is baffling.

I wish Glenn the best of luck with his book, but I've just had to drop it from my wish list :(

Todd

• too bad -but if i could afford it id gladly pay -dont worry you guys i know glenn wont let us down when all is said and done

• I'll let you know when and if a more traditional printing and price point line of the book is in the works.

Meantime, please keep in mind, what has been announced so far, are for limited edition high quality books, that are individually hand made by a craftsmen and each include a limited edition record on 180 gsm vinyl with packaging that includes holograms, satin etc. Plus a personal to individual buyer, hand written 'thank you' note from Glenn. Not to mention the special invitation to a gig and to meet and be a guest of Glenn's.

• I'll let you know when and if a more traditional printing and price point line of the book is in the works.

Meantime, please keep in mind, what has been announced so far, are for limited edition high quality books, that are individually hand made by a craftsmen and each include a limited edition record on 180 gsm vinyl with packaging that includes holograms, satin etc. Plus a personal to individual buyer, hand written 'thank you' note from Glenn. Not to mention the special invitation to a gig and to meet and be a guest of Glenn's.

I'm pretty sure we all realize that what is being offered is something special and might warrant a huge price tag, the problem is that this is all that's being offered at this time.

I can't believe that someone at some point didn't say..."wait a minute, how many of Glenn's true fans will be able to afford this?" If a more traditional release happens someday, that's cool, just wish it would be happening now. It doesn't seem that was even a consideration.

Chip

• Im sorry I just don't understand this. I blow tons of money on stuff like trips that is gone later except for the pics and memories so I wouldn't mind paying a couple of hundred bucks. But almost 1000 is totally insane.

• I'm pretty sure we all realize that what is being offered is something special and might warrant a huge price tag, the problem is that this is all that's being offered at this time.

I can't believe that someone at some point didn't say..."wait a minute, how many of Glenn's true fans will be able to afford this?" If a more traditional release happens someday, that's cool, just wish it would be happening now. It doesn't seem that was even a consideration.

You said it yourself Chip ;) ..."being offered at this time"... it's not for everyone that is true, but right now this is what is being offered. If and when a regularly published edition is ready, that will be announced on the web site. Of course, it's been given consideration, it's just not ready now, that is all. What is ready now for announcement, is this limited edition and so it's being announced and available for pre-order for those fans that want it.

Again, an update will follow when alternative edition(s) are ready.

• You said it yourself Chip ;) ..."being offered at this time"... it's not for everyone that is true, but right now this is what is being offered. If and when a regularly published edition is ready, that will be announced on the web site. Of course, it's been given consideration, it's just not ready now, that is all. What is ready now is this limited edition and so it's being announced and available for pre-order for those fans that want it.

Again, an update will follow when alternative edition(s) are ready.

Thanks David. I truly hope there will be something else in the works very soon.

I'm gonna grab a cold one, go sit outside, calm down and try not to worry about it any longer :cool:

Chip

• Hi. I am new to this forum and I love music and I love books. These dudes do a similar kind of publishing. There is a Brian Wilson book for £900 http://www.genesis-publications.com/product/that-l…ld-sun/complete and a Bob Marley one for £795 (no record and no signature of course!) http://www.genesis-publications.com/product/rebel-…gae/anniversary Their deluxe editions sell out real quick. Their sold out editions sell for an absolute fortune in auctions and at book dealers. I think it is cool that Glenn is being shown this kind of respect.

• Ironically, I'm in the middle of reading:
    The Card: Collectors, Con Men, and the True Story
    of History's Most Desired Baseball Card

(A baseball player at the beginning of the 20th century,
    Honus Wagner appeared on a small piece of cardboard which
    was inserted into cigarette packs, as part of a series of players.
    Through the years, this rare card has skyrocked in price.)

Think of going to a garage sale/jumble sale, and picking up
    one of the twelve or so "missing" Faberge Imperial Easter Eggs
    for a dollar. Or finding a Picasso at a Goodwill Industries store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When 15 year-old kids, worldwide, walk into a music shop to buy
    a guitar and a "How to Play the Guitar for Beginners" instructional
    booklet, right next to it on the sheet-music rack should be a very
    inexpensive copy of Glenn's book, which might proove in the long run
    to be more valuable to them.

Hey kid, you wanna be a world famous rock star?
    Then you really should know the high price that fame might demand.
    Sometimes....fame will kill you. Ask Elvis.

........."When alternative editions are ready?"............
    Sorry. But I can't quite "buy" into this prospect at this time.
    This line has been used too many times already in other circumstances.
    (Replace the word "edition" with the word "tour".)

This book's debut should have been acompanied by a blast
    of industrial strength publicity. Not this quiet, almost secret publishing date
    from this justifiably expensive and elegant publisher, with this information known
    to only a few of us because of this web site. And Glenn can still walk from his
    front door to the nearby TV studio to appear on Jay Leno's show for a brief
    conversation about the book, followed by a spectacular GH mini-performance.
    But at these prices, he would be laughed out of the building.

Also, forget about this book's debut at a Barnes & Noble, or at a Borders
    book signing tour, with normal, everyday fans lined up to meet Glenn.
    I feel like such a fool for actually thinking that I could enjoy seeing this type
    of book debut happen.

The DELUX DELUX Edition will only be bought by speculators.
    Ten copies each? Yeah, a good investment for future turnover sales.
    The medium DELUX version? A hundred copies ought to do it.
    The fans from Day 1? See the "alternative edition" statement. (above)

I'm usually known around here for busting chops.
    (A warped sense of humor with a snappy New York attitude.)
    But when I'm serious.......I'm 100% dead serious. And honest.
    I'm heart-broken and upset about this situation with the autobiography.
    And very angry.

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!