UK Tour 2010 dates officially confirmed

• The word here in Ireland is that Glenn is playing Belfast on October 9th.The Spring and Airbrake Club.
    Is there any truth in this? It would be amazing if it were true! :D

It's possible ;) ;)

That date is already listed on the clubs website - although not "official" till David announces it! :)

It wouldnt suprise me if a Dublin date popped up too ;) ;)

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• That would be great news,Wolfy!!!!
    Myself and a friend were all set for the Exeter gig,but if the great man were playing here...I could save myself the trip....and take my wife to educate her !!!!!!! :D

• 1 more UK tour date just added and officially confirmed :)

October 9th Spring & Airbrake - Belfast (Northern Ireland), UK

Brilliant news,man.....really brilliant!!!
    Cannot wait for this one.....a lot of very happy Paddys over here at the minute!!!!! :D

• Seen Rufus Wainwright at both the Millenium Music Hall and St David's Hall in the past - both are great venues :thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Two new additional UK tour dates for 'ya :)

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010

Sub 89
    http://www.sub89.com
    110-117 Friar Street, Reading, RG1 1EP
    Tickets: £20.00 / Box Office: 08444 77 1000

Tuesday, October 12th, 2010

The Fleece
    http://www.thefleece.co.uk
    12 St. Thomas Street, Bristol BS1 6JJ
    Tickets: £20.00 / Box Office: 0870 44 44 400

...and here's the current UK Tour poster with these and other dates included :cool:

• One other Irish date for 'ya! Aside from the Belfast gig, there will be one more... this time in Dublin.

Date: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10TH, 2010

Venue: The Village

Venue Address: 26 Wexford Street, Dublin

Venue Tel: 01 475 8555

Onstage: Doors 7:00PM, onstage 9:00PM

Box Office Tel: 0818 719 300

Box Office Online: http://www.ticketmaster.ie

Venue Online: http://www.thevillagevenue.com/

• I so wish my friends weren't getting married that weekend! I wonder if it would be possible to get a morning flight to Dublin then a stupidly early flight back monday am to come back to work!

Woohoo - early Sunday flight from East Midalnds and return Monday Morning - check!!!! Boss - can we start late on Monday please???? On it!!!!!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• This is the most extensive UK tour Glenn has done as a solo artist, I think!

This is fantastic news for all fans, my question is this, is the size of the tour based on the fact that Glenn has a new Booking agent, beacuse clearly the promoters must feel they can fill all these venues.

I have been to club gigs outside of the major cities before where the audience numbers where pretty low and Glenn is worth sooo much more.

Another factor of course could be the buzz around BCC and the fact that the album will be out by then which may lead to a greater demand to see Glenn :) Prior to any BCC dates my guess is this could be the last solo UK dates for some time, so let's all enjoy the experince of seeing a true legend up close doing his thang!!!

• Yes it is a pretty extensive tour and I just booked flights and hotel for Dublin now so I'm definitely making 7 dates - possibly 3 others but will have to see! I so can't wait - I hope it's not the last solo tour for a while as I enjoy Glenn as Glenn but also looking forward to seeing BCC and eagerly awaiting tour news beyond the album release!

• It's possible ;) ;)

It wouldnt suprise me if a Dublin date popped up too ;) ;)

What did i tell ya!:D ;)

I'm hoping to make Exeter too as its a Saturday night and there are hotel deals to be had!

Not as many as Marie but 4 shows (Bilston, Leamington, Nottingham & Exeter) aint bad :D :D :D

Just how much holiday do you get Marie? :eek: :huh: :lol:

Mark, I'm also thinking GH is banking on a bit of a BCC boost to the crowds.
    Joe is touring at the same time as Glenn - he's playing in Ipswich the night Glenn plays in Southampton!

What are the odds on one of them making a guest appearance at the others show on a night off? :thumbup:

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• OOh - I like those odds - hope it's one that I'm going to!!! London probably most likely but not sure if I'm gettign to that one. I've booked a fortnight off work that surrounds the tour so I've got just enough time to catch all the dates I'm going to - I won't be at Exeter but I'll see you at the others! Can't wait! xx

• Oh you lucky guys in England! Just found this on planetrock:

Glenn Hughes - frontman with Black Country Communion - hits the road for a solo UK tour in September and we are over the moon to be able to offer an EXCLUSIVE deal to Planet Rock listeners so that you can buy VIP tickets to see him.
    These extremely limited VIP tickets will give you the chance to not only meet Glenn before one of the shows on his UK tour in September or October but also see him perform a song at the soundcheck - giving you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see him up close and personal as he performs a track pretty much just for you.
    And don't panic if you've already bought your tickets for the tour - we have some VIP bolt-ons, meaning that you can turn your ordinary ticket into one of these exclusive VIP tickets very, very easily.
    So if you want to get your hands on one of these unbelievably exclusive tickets (or even just a regular ticket) then simply choose one of the options below and be sure not to miss out on one of the most exciting tours of the year.
    “I’m proud of my heritage, and the UK fans have always been the most supportive and receptive to me and my music,” says Hughes. “I’m thrilled to embark on what’s possibly the most extensive UK solo tour of my career. I’ve just made an album that I am extremely proud of with Black Country Communion, and until that band goes out on the road, I’m channeling all the power and energy from the BCC experience, into these dates. I’m a lean, mean rock machine.” unquote

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!