• I know I'll probably get shot down for this... but here goes anyway... is Dave Holland getting nearer to being a 'free man'? ...or has he already finished his sentence and gotten out? :huh:

• As far as i know Dave is out of jail,till this day he denied the abuse of the boy.I read somewhere he's gonna wite a book.

• I always hoped the charges were bogus, but we will never really know. I guess "guilty until proven innocent" has possibly taken someone's reputation and livelihood.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• This is one of those taboo subjects that people just don't like to talk abotu or feel that etiquette should disallow talk about it but it is something close to my heart and will talk openly about.

I will say is that if he did the crime he has done his time. If he didn't do the crime then that's his life ruined. People who make false allegations of this kind and do ruin the lives of innocent people really need tro get a grip of themselves and think - what did I achieve from that? Boy who cried wolf syndrome actually deadens the hopes of anybody who has been through abuse for real as when you have been abused you don't have the confidence to air your voice as somebody took that away form you - when so many people are crying wolf - who will believe someone who is for real?

I'm not passing comment on whether or not I think he did or didn't do anything that was allegated. Abuse is wrong - false allegations are also wrong.

Something I would like to do as a future career choice is to work for the Criminal Justice Service and work as a counsellor of Sexual Offenders. It is true to say that a majority of abusers were in fact abused themselves and their behaviour is learned. There is a lot that counselling could offer offenders - with the ultimate aim of preventign reoffending and reducing risk to society. I'm part qualified as a counsellor and need to figure out how to get to that end goal where I would have to give up work full time to finish studying and put in volunteer hours but still need to pay the mortgage so it's a while off.

If I won the lotery I would set up a charity counselling service for survivors of sexual abuse and also invest heavily in rehabilitating offenders to reduce the risk of repeat offense.

(On a lighter note I'd also go to lot's more of Gelnn's gigs!)

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Saw Dave Holland twice with Trapeze Hammersmith Odeon '92 & The Robin '94.
    Would like to see Dave work with Glenn again.I guess GH's management would have to be well prepared for a potential backlash.
    With Glenn's profile being the highest it's ever been nowdays
    it probably won't happen.
    Mr Iommi did a subtle bodyswerve back in '96 by getting another drummer to dub in on the DEP tapes.
    I respect Dave's playing on the Trapeze albums & Play Me Out up their with the likes of Paice & Bonham for me anyway.

• I saw Dave and Trapeze 'back in the day'... and always thought he was a 'rock-steady' drummer... I also would like to see Glenn and Dave hook up together... but we know it's nearly impossible... :confused:

• I am not really qualified to make a comment on the allegations/crime/imprisonment so I will stick to empathy. If I was accused of a crime I didn't commit, I would find it very difficult indeed to cope with. Call me a fence sitter, but aside from personal injury I can't think of anything worse.

Pete Townsend seems to have handled the crisis PR pretty well. Others who have found themselves in a sex crime situation have just about disappeared from view. And by all accounts their guilt is not debateable, certainly not on this Forum. I won't mention any more names for fear of causing offence.

I can only really talk from a PR perspective, but I would say that book will help that process. Finding a publisher is always a challenge, but I'd say there was enough of an audience who want to hear what Dave Holland has to say. Much depends though on any counter arguments that might emerge for which his representatives would need a contingency plan.

• I too have always hoped the allegations were bogus, but who knows...

All I can say is that I had the pleasure of meeting Dave on a few occasions back in the 70's at Trapeze gigs, and he was a very nice, friendly guy, and a top drummer! I look forward to his book, if he writes one.

• Whether or not Dave was truly guilty, I have no knowledge. What I THINK however is that he has been treated shoddily by many people in the rock industry. You only have to read the many biographies to get a taste of the things that rock musicians got up, in many cases we're talking about having sex with minors and possibly rape, although it would obviously never say the latter in the books. And that kind of stuff is recorded in a jovial, 'we were just having fun', matter of fact, it was the done thing manner in many biographies. It's well documented. I am not qualified to compare one sexual misdemeanour with another, but as I understand it, what Dave was guilty of is not so terrible compared to some of the things that I have read about and people have not been brought to book about. We're talking about perpetrators who are mega stars - much bigger than Dave. Yet in the wake of his conviction, many of these people has disassociated themselves from Dave. Oh how clean and smug they must feel. Let he who is without guilt cast the first stone. I feel sorry for Dave and I'd like to think that he will accepted back into the music industry. Out of interest, being a muso myself I used to hang out in a certain Cannock pub with the local musicians, Mel Galley and sometimes Dave included. I always found Dave to be a really nice bloke and in my mind, one of the best rock drummers of all time. He wasn't called 'Mr Time' by his bandmates in Trapeze for nothing. I wish Dave well should he or any of his close friends read this.

• I read the news on the Guitar Player magazine newsletter in my 'mailbox' just a little while ago... yes it's sad :( ...saw Glenn, Mel, and Dave 'in action' at Annapolis in '73! It's in my 'top five' of favourite concerts! :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!