• As a long time fan of Glenn and a big fan of Joe B. , I can assure you fine folks that these two are going to blow the roof off every venue they play in. Joe grew up feeding on the Rock that his dad loved and played. His life in the Blues genre has always been Rock based and he is a master of every style there is. Glenn has hooked up with a rising Rock God and the result will be quite tasty.

For those of you in SoCal, I would recommend attendance at the Riverside JB gig. Rumor has it that the encore just might include a taste of things to come :cool:

See you there.
    Rick

• well i think we all should just wait and see how it all plays out-

• Coincidence?! The band claiming the name Black Country is from Washington D.C. and just so happens that Glenn is in the D.C. area this weekend..............things that make you go...hmmmm? :confused:

• I spotted something about this when the name was first announced - and if it is the same band I'm sure they are BlackCountry without the space! Whoever they are - let me at em!!!!!!!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• And from classicrockmagazine.com:

Bonamassa told Undercover:

It (the name) jumped out of the gun. It got leaked inadvertently and it has spread like wildfire. It wasn’t anybody’s fault, it just got leaked. Somebody overheard a conversation. The definition of overhearing a conversation is putting it online and acting if it’s fact.

Did anybody not like the name? Sounded OK, but I wasn't totally excited by it. I guess it could be worse. Like calling yourself Chickenfoot :)

• I quite liked Black Country it would be a pity if they couldnt use it.

Lets have some other ideas, how about Black Cloud or Medusa, both sound good to me and reference Glenns past.

• I quite liked Black Country it would be a pity if they couldnt use it.

Lets have some other ideas, how about Black Cloud or Medusa, both sound good to me and reference Glenns past.

I think Christian and his boys would have a problem with the use of the name Medusa :D

Chip

• I think Christian and his boys would have a problem with the use of the name Medusa :D

:D Nice one, Chip!

We may have put the band on halt for the time being, but MEDUSA is only sleeping, and we might wake her up again... ;)

Cheers,
    Christian

P.S. the Medusa album is still available at CdBaby... :cool:

(Commercial is over)

MEDUSA

• damn, Black Country sounded so cool, too bad they won't use it. It could still be the Album title right?
    It's an unbelievable line-up anyway, so my hopes are really high!

"Turn back the Time and let me in"

• In case you missed it... an update from producer, Kevin Shirley...

I am smack in the middle of finishing the mixes for the debut album of "the-band-formerly-known-as-Black-Country" and running out of time fast!

I have tracked and am finishing this BC(?) material. Glenn Hughes singing in the room with me was extraordinary, as he may be one of the finest vocalists I've ever worked with and I have worked with the best - Steven Tyler, Steve Perry, Lou Gramm, Chris Robinson, Bruce Dickinson, Robert Plant, to name just a few. It's pretty thrilling stuff - very raw, quite basic, and 95% of it is cut live - well, between all their schedules, there just hasn't been time to do much else - but I think that's a positive - it's very cool. Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris heard some songs and was knoocked out - he said "this is the kind of music that made me want to play in the first place. I'd go out and buy it now....." The band played out at a gig in Riverside, CA for the first time in mid-March, and it's very exciting stuff!

Derek Sherinian, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Glenn Hughes

• In case you missed it earlier from Kevin Shirley (producer)...

The Debut Album of the Band Formerly Known as "Black Country" is finished!!! Glenn Hughes and Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers came to the studio to hear a playback this evening. They were blown away - Chad even said he was "jealous" of Jason's playing, which is monumental! It's thrilling! ROCK! Hughes is killing it, Bonamassa solos off the charts, Sherinian "honor the virtuosity!" Can you even wait 'til Septmber?

• From a post today on FaceBook re the new album.

Caveman!
    The Debut Album of the Band Formerly Known as "Black Country" is finished!!! Glenn Hughes and Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers came to the studio to hear a playback this evening. They were blown away - Chad even said he was "jealous" of Jason's playing, which is monumental!. It's thrilling! ROCK! Hughes is killing it, Bonamassa solos off the charts, Sherinian "honor the virtuosity!" Can you even wait 'til Septmber?

Album of the year???
    I can't wait that long! :cool:
    Rick

• Joe B. commented recently on the new band... when talking with VH1 Radio Networks' Dave Basner...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!