My own new secret Supergroup!

• Soundcheck and gig went very well. There were some acoustic issues with the venue and the sound which led to one song Black Dog being dropped. It was a blast! Found out from Marco that he is the bass player on those 4 new songs on the Whitesnake live album- not Uriah who was credited. Neal has to approve the video of the gig will post it any pics I get as soon as possible.

• Keith St John is indeed a good singer, he was supposed to sing on the new Montrose album and the new Burning Rain but neither of those
    happened :(

That's pretty cool Marco played on those songs, I always felt it was a shame he didn't get to make a studio record with Whitesnake. He was perfect
    for that band.

• A couple of things....why am I not surprised that John is considerably taller than everyone else? If it were AC/DC he were jamming with, he would look like a basketball player!

Prairie Prince was the original drummer for Journey as well; he was with them for the first year or so. There is a picture of him onstage with the band in the booklet for the "Time 3 " box set from 1993. I remember reading that Neil always wanted to get the original line-up; himself, Gregg, Ross, George Tickner and Prairie Prince together but Gregg Rolie passed on the invite.

Great news and all the best to you John!! :cool: :thumbup: Have your feet touched the ground yet??

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• That's awesome news John...I can't imagine the high you're experiencing playing with those guys!

So let's see...you're playing with members of Soul SirkUS, Whitesnake, Blue Murder, Journey, Bad English, Montrose, Hardline, HSAS, The Tubes, Tommy Bolin's band and Jefferson Starship...all at once! :thumbup:

Cheers, and I hope this leads to some other opportunities for you, my friend.

Todd

• ....and Santana :)

Congrats John :thumbup: Can't wait to hear what the project sounds like.

Chip

• That's great John !! Knew you had the talent :thumbup: to do some big :bow: things, and this is pretty dang big.

Keep on rockin :claphands :claphands

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• That's awesome news John...I can't imagine the high you're experiencing playing with those guys!

Todd

What Todd said - and it couldn't have happened to a nicer (and very talented) guy!

:bow:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Great stuff John! I know how you feel. I felt the same when I played with Glenn, a member of my favourite lineup(MkIII) of my favourite band! Congratulations! :thumbup:

• Thanks so much for these responses. I had jammed with Robby Krieger backstage a few years back, then we got to do a set with him three years ago at our weekly Doors gig in Venice. Then last year, I played at a birthday party and got to sing Tush with Slash and play keyboards with him when he sat in with the cover band I was with. But this Neal thing tops them all, because of the lineup and because it was cool to have a rehearsal and then do a proper gig, just like a real band.

It so cool to now have this bond we that play in bands have with all those guys. It could be ten years from now and they will remember we played together. This is now different than if I just hung out at La Vee Lee or Baked Potato as a fan and someone like Marco would remember me from there. I'm still recovering from playing 4 hours a day or more for 8 days so Sat just went to Namm to check out the Yamaha stuff (where I work). Of course a friend was there and dragged me out to the main floor. The one musician I bumped into and talked to out of 3000 people there in a multi 100,000 sq foot building was Keith St John! I had three other gigs last weekend and I did enjoy them - but it's kind of a let down to go back to the regular circuit after playing at the arena level.

• This is all really cool stuff and I am very happy for you. Neal Schon's "Late Night" cd is still one of my favorites. He has done so many things that I have enjoyed. Congadulations to you on being able to reap some of the rewards from your hard work, time, and dedication.
    peace,

• that was really entertaining John. Thanks for posting. I look forward to being able to see the pro-shot version as well . Hopefully, it will be a better sound ( i'm sure ) and we'll be able to see you too. Kind of reminds me of Sabbath /Dio - type concerts where you know you hear the keyboard player, but you don't get to see him ( her) because they are set up beside or behind the stage somewhere. Still, i'm sure it must have been a great thrill and looked like it turned out well.
    peace,

• It was cool...He was spot on. The coolest memory of the gig is somebody started playing the Gypsy Queen riff from the end of Black Magic Woman. Prairie launched into a bunch of latin percussion stuff, as did I (I've been hammering out latin beats with percussion patches on my keyboards for several years- drumming, time and rythym is a growing passion of mine). Neal turned around and looked me and the rest of us with this gigantic smile - he was in Santana- so that seal of approval is my favorite memory of this gig.

• Brilliant John - that's a moment you will treasure forever, and something that no photograph or report could ever capture! It's deep in your heart and it's yours to keep xxx

Love and hugs xxx :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!