Live in Wolverhampton DVD + audio

• Just a brief review, since Shirean and I are lucky enough to be one of the first to have a copy of the new DVD - so not strictly an album review of course, since it covers the just released DVD, but it does also apply to the audio offering too, so consider it for all :D But will base it around the just released DVD, since the audio is from the same shows :)

For those that were there in June, this is the perfect memento and for those that weren't and as it mentions on the rear liner notes, "this is a must have for Glenn Hughes aficionados", amongst many others :cool1:

Sound and picture quality wise, it's definitely a 10/10, unlike the previous DVD offering :) It's night and day compared to that, trust me! The musicianship also gets a 10/10 - all were on top of their game both nights and the crowd also gets a 10/10, without them it wouldn't be as enjoyable, even though I say it myself :D

My favourites from the first night, include the 2 Hughes/Thrall numbers plus What's Goin' On Here and Crave.

For both nights; kudos to Jeff Kollman, Steve Stephens and Anders Olinder; they really pulled out all the stops and made Glenn shine through, even more than usual. Talking of Glenn, you really see how relaxed he is today and what a master of his craft he is; just amazing! It really is a statement to his sobriety and lifestyle and where he is at in 2009.

For the second night, my personal favourites were Way Back To The Bone, Jury, Keepin' Time, Your Love Is Alright, Good Love and Medusa.

The DVD is a real 'fly on the wall' experience; with insights and stories interjected in between songs, making it feel an extra special shared experience. I think having it labeled with 'Bootleg', will make perfect sense after you've seen it. How often do you get to see & hear, all the in between song banter on a DVD, it is just like you have been transported back to that night! And if you weren't there originally on the night, you're definitely there now!!

Also included with the DVD are Glenn's homage to his beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers football/soccer team with a trip to their home stadium and even more poignant is an interview featuring both Glenn and Trapeze manager, Tony Perry. Reminiscing and sharing some never before told stories from the past; very emotional stuff at times. Bravo for being so honest with us, your fans, Glenn :thumbup:

I can't recommend the DVD enough; it has something for everyone. As for the audio download package, again perfect when you want to take the DVD experience with you on the go. CRANK BOTH UP TO 11 - sod the neighbours :lol:

Lookin' forward to hearing what you all think, once you have it in your hands. Talking of which, a few DVD's were mailed out today, with a whole bunch more going out first thing next week, in addition to the remainder later the same week. So you should have it before Xmas, assuming the various postal services don't screw things up!

Enjoy :cool:

• David, thanks for that!

Could review it myself now as was there and remember all of it! Great weekend.

Hope to see myself in the crowd somewhere! Should be able to spot ugly bloke in the middle :lol:

Can remember how tired you were!

Thanks for all you do on the website for Glenn, and us, his fans. We are truly lucky to have you helping behind the scenes :claphands

Paul

• Talking of which, a few DVD's were mailed out today, with a whole bunch more going out first thing next week. So you should have it well before Xmas, assuming the various postal services don't screw things up!

Enjoy :cool:

...or the correct address was listed on paypal! Thanks for soting me out on that one David! You're one in a million!

Can't wait to see the DVD - it was a top class weekend and both nights were awesome! It will be great to have it eternalised on the DVD!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Just received our copy in the mail today :thumbup:
    I'm watching it as I type.
    This is a true collector item as you can see Jerome aka Phil Collins headbanging at the second row :lol:
    I can only second what David said in his review.

:ghcp:

• Just back from the work ... just have a look at the DVD

THANK YOU :bouncer:

The 2 nights of the Robin were the place to be, & we were :D

I just look at Jury ... Waoooooooooooooooooooooooo

I saw the Glennettes (Harry & Mary :D) ... what a souvenir of those crazy nights

• Hi ALL,

Played DVD in its entirety last nite - a fantastic souvenir of a brilliant weekend. The sound/pic quality is spot on and the extras of including Soundcheck/pre-gig clips, a Wolves FC visit and a GH/Tony Perry interview very personal and insightful.

Play it out
    stay fun(ky)
    Mikey D

• Can someone give me a basic run down on the kind of player that I would need to watch this dvd release? Also, where might be the best place to find/purchase such a player? I still have a couple of dvds that Nathilie and Jerome gave me and have never been able to watch them.
    thanks and peace,

• Can someone give me a basic run down on the kind of player that I would need to watch this dvd release? Also, where might be the best place to find/purchase such a player?

Hey Bart, I highly recommend this outlet (based near Chicago) - have used them for years for various equipment. Their prices are dirt cheap too! They currently have a region/code free player going for just $79 - of course, you can spend more for some whizz-bang features, but if all you're looking for is basic playback on a USA TV, then something like that will work fine for you. Here's a link to get you started...

http://www.220-electronics.com

• Bart, I picked up a no-name player at Walmart that plays any dvd for $29.99!..............oops! Forgot to add that I came home from work tonight to find that my copy had arrived.....YIPPEE!!!!

• Hey Bart, I highly recommend this outlet (based near Chicago) - have used them for years for various equipment. Their prices are dirt cheap too! They currently have a region/code free player going for just $79 - of course, you can spend more for some whizz-bang features, but if all you're looking for is basic playback on a USA TV, then something like that will work fine for you. Here's a link to get you started...

http://www.220-electronics.com

I can also recommend this site. David turned me onto these guys a few years ago. I've since ordered from them several times.

If you can't find a region-free player in your area, don't hesitate to use them.

Chip

• Got mine today! :)
    Looks great! :thumbup:
    Sounds great! :thumbup:
    Watched the first night and most of the extras! :cool:
    Memories are made of this! :)
    T H A N K Y O O O U U U !!! :clapper:

MEDUSA

• i have been holding off on playing this because if i could only play it a few times like david said i dint want to have any distractions -so for the hell of it i tryed it in my samsung dvd recorder and it spit it right out -i then tryed a cheap dvd system i got from work and it works beautifully -i only have one problem and its with david - david you didnt say enough man -this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful sound :thumbup: beautiful picture :thumbup: they only way i could be happier is if i was there!!!!

thanks glenn thanks everyone :claphands :claphands

• I saw the Glennettes (Harry & Mary :D) ... what a souvenir of those crazy nights

Woohoo, nice to know the Glennettes and Phil Collins are featured! Just back from Gambia so hopefully when I get to Sheffield from London it will be waiting for me to watch in all it's glory! Shame I have to go to work first!

Hope everyone is enjoying the DVD - your comments have got me all excited to watch it! Special times such as that weekend are so rare - I can't wait to appreciate it all over again! xxx

Love and hugs xxx :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!