• I'd be surprised if there was a second guitarist involved, and certainly not Jimmy Page. I could maybe see him doing a guest spot on a song or two, but nothing beyond that. My feeling is that the group may consist of Glenn, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and someone else. But I haven't got a clue.

Todd, I think that's the line-up so far.....would hate to see it a trio though...........:huh:

• Yes that seems to be the buzz on the net this afternoon!!

I just posted something over at JB's board. It seems some were diappointed about this. I of course let my thoughts about Glenn be known. In the end I'm sure the music will win them over!!

• Yep... That seems to be the latest suggestion. I do hope there will be a keyboard player, be it Derek Sherinian or someone else... Blame it on the Lord! J. Lord, that is.

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• Five minutes ago I searched in Google "Glenn Hughes Jason Bonham".
    And what came out of it?! :)

A link to Blabbermouth.net announcing the following:

"JASON BONHAM Joins Forces With GLENN HUGHES In BLACK COUNTRY"

See for yourself.
    Can't believe it's true :)

• Yes that seems to be the buzz on the net this afternoon!!

I just posted something over at JB's board. It seems some were diappointed about this. I of course let my thoughts about Glenn be known. In the end I'm sure the music will win them over!!

FY, I did the same. There will be a slew of new GH fans over there very soon ;)

yes, a working title of Black Country has been penned, according to mr. bonham.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Oh there is no doubt that this will propell Glenn to ever higher levels!!

There are a lot of people on just that board alone and many have never experienced Glenn's stuff. Those who are starting to have posted very positive things!! But duh!! :lol:

As I posted over there, I haven't really been too aware of Joe or his stuff. Just one of those things. So I went out and bought a couple CD's and I'll tell you what, the guy is great!! Awesome guitar work and very good songs. For those who haven't done so (if I'm not the last LOL), check him out!

It is very exciting though to consider all that could come out of this, not the least of which is some great music!! :bow:

• Echo some of the sentiments here. Seeing Glenn in tiny wee clubs playing 100 people in Glasgow 12 years ago or so, was a thrill to me and a credit to Glenn's professional approach that the show was great. But, I've been hoping he'd get in a band where he wasn't the best known, and the other guys bring some fans to the gigs. Hope it goes well for him, he deserves it. He's a star!

• Picking up on... 'not really been aware of' Joe's stuff - same here.

I had only ever read a lot about him (in praise actually every time), and the only track I had ever come across was funnily enough a cover of Led Zep's Tea For One on Classic Rock's A Tribute to Led Zeppelin CD that came for free with issue No. 96 in 2006. :thumbup: Excellent version!

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Check out Jason Bonham's work with Foreigner and UFO.
    I recently re-viewed UFO's Showtime disc and re-listened to some of foreigners live discs with Bonham, the guy is a mean (background-) vocalist too!. So...together with the Led Zep show, this new band means he's being propelled to a world stage also...I think that would also be the case for Bonamassa and Hughes.

• Yeah, Joe is great...but to be honest I was hoping someone more "super"...Iommi, Beck or Page...or someone more "alternative" ...Billy Corgan, John Frusciante or Jerry Cantrell.

...anyway...looking forward to hearing new music from Big Daddy & boys...

...and when they play live...I hope they stick to their own material like Chickenfoot did.

:claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands

T :)

• Check out Jason Bonham's work with Foreigner and UFO.
    I recently re-viewed UFO's Showtime disc and re-listened to some of foreigners live discs with Bonham, the guy is a mean (background-) vocalist too!. So...together with the Led Zep show, this new band means he's being propelled to a world stage also...I think that would also be the case for Bonamassa and Hughes.

Jason's older stuff is also worth a listen. If you're into aor/melodic rock, Virginia Wolf is a real gem. The first Bonham album is quite good zep influenced hard rock.

• http://www.cavemanproductions.com/cavediary.htm

WOW! :clapper:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!