Glenn in the Studio

• I was catching up on Dave Ling's blog and came across this as part of his entry for December 9th.

........I received a rather odd (but welcome) email from Glenn Hughes, referencing the fact that he may have “stepped out of the building for a moment” with his recent records, but promising “The Voice Of Rock is most definitely back”. Glenn also brought up the rumour of a “supergroup” that seems set to work with producer Kevin Shirley in the new year, but beyond a promise of “trust me, this is the real thing” would not spill the beans regarding the names of the other artists… doncha just hate it when people do that??!!

• Just seen a clip from Brazil where Glenn said this new project won't be out until 2011 :confused:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• If 50% of this supergroup has the two composers of
    "You Keep On Moving" in it...........I promise you all
    that I will personally die. The shock of our two favorite
    "Purple Boys" together again, would make my brains fall out.

Since the reunion of Hughes and Coverdale :rose: (I love writing that)
    would be a direct result of my incessant nagging on this web site,
    I would expect that all GHCPs would contribute to the fund
    to commission a snappy statue in my honor.

• from Tony Ortiz's blog...

Most of the names have already come up in this thread, so I thought I'd bring this up... :cool:

Cheers,
    Chris

• I got this Christmas greeting from Robert Plant.
    OOPS, I mean 50% of "You Keep On Moving."
    (I thought that he was a Northern lad. Who knew that he was really from Texas, y'all?)

Doesn't he look as if he has a "super" secret?
    Heh, heh, heh.

• Hmm, let's see... we've got Page recently saying how he was gonna be very busy in 2010 and write new music...Coverdale always said he wanted to do a second album with Jimmy. Perhaps Glenn is also involved? Jason Bonham could be the drummer.

• Martin and I had some time to kill yesterday - long story - and went from cover to cover of Classic Rock Magazine looking for clues. Not sure who it is but we has discounted Joe Perry and Slash from reading what they would or wouldn't be up to. There were others too but I can't remember at the minute as it's been a long couple of days but I don;t think it's them. Undecided on Jimmy Page still. I honestly don't think Glenn and Coverdale would actually work together again despite their solid friendship but who knows - times change!

• As interesting as the prospect might seem, I can't see him working with Page, Coverdale, Slash or Jeff Beck. And Joe Perry would be boring as hell. Could very well be nobody that's even been discussed yet..

• My thoughts exactly Todd! I don't think it will be a 'supergroup' line-up that most of us perceive as a 'supergroup'.....(i.e. CSNY, Blind Faith, etc., etc.).........

• As a fan of Kings X i'd love to see G write and record with Ty Tabor. i think that could really work on both a musical and spiritual level. wont happen tho sadly of course.

working with Coverdale is a studio only possibility.

Glenn has posted he is writing rock songs for the project. most guitar gods are responsible for the riff and music themselves or with their singer who also writes the words. so who would be happy for GH to take the writing credits on a supergroup album?

Ive been listening to the first 6 ZZ Top albums the last couple of weeks. A back to basics album with Billy Gibbons would be another dream
    of mine :thumbup:

Currently listening to Flies and Blues Skies, Kings X, Dogman (1994)

• My best guess is that Joe Bonamassa will be in the supergroup.
    He´s recording in Malibu today with Kevin Shirley.
    I´ve got his Live at Albert Hall and I´m really impressed with the guy. In my world it´s a very good combination :bouncer:

• I play the game too :

Jimmy Page

Jason Bonham

I think those two name are pair after the LZ 2007 gig (JB plays marvellous drums). They try to put a band after the gig but they didn't know to create something new with a new singer without being looked like "LZ with a new singer".

And if there Jimmy Page in a new band it's pretty sure that they will play some LZ classics on stage and he need someone who can handle it. (Glenn could handle anything with brio as a singer)

Or maybe he is going to work with the RHCP....

Well i'm really curious about the future hope to know it soon ! :D

• Glenn mentioned Joe B in Brazil then that was dismissed on this board.
    I still believe they are recording, and the result will be high profile.
    With Glenn mastering the vocals, Joe B can just focus on his playing and take his rock style to another level. This would be a great project for Glenn to be involved in. And if they decided to take it on road, well that would be mindblowing to say the least. I hope it happens.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I'm thinking Joe was blown away by Glenn's performance with him and more or less decided that he had to make it a more permanent thing... :thumbup:

• Glenn mentioned Joe B in Brazil then that was dismissed on this board.
    I still believe they are recording, and the result will be high profile.
    With Glenn mastering the vocals, Joe B can just focus on his playing and take his rock style to another level. This would be a great project for Glenn to be involved in. And if they decided to take it on road, well that would be mindblowing to say the least. I hope it happens.

yes i believe Joe and glenn is in the studio together..
    ok we have bass, guitar, vocals,, and What????
    any keybourd, one more guitar? hmm?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!