• I have just read this on the Deep Purple Fan Forum in regards to Glenn's twitter teasing about working with possibly the greatest hard rock producer on the planet. The poster figures it may mean Kevin Shirley since he doesn't know of any other big hard rock producers in Malibu. A comment on Kevin Shirley's pages from November 23 states:

...and January I'm producing what has the promise to be one of the most exciting "supergroups" to come around in a long time. But theory is just that until we see how the dynamics play out in the studio between these superb musicians. And of course the songs will make the real difference.

Something is afoot for sure!

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• I can't take credit for the research but I thought it was worth reposting here.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• Well Glenn continues to drip feed us new info.

It's a 'very special project', goes without saying if Glenn is involved.

It's 'New' that rules out Mark3 reunion, which i never thought would happen anyway.

Oh the secrecy of it all, come on Glenn, put us out of our misery!

• Umm, so let's look at what we have, a Rock, "Supergroup" project to kick off in 2010, it seems an album and probably tour depending on the album succes which is again probably a given to happen.

A top Producer in the can and work has begun. So lets speculate as to who is in this "supergroup".

Jimmy Page, Matt Sorum, Toni Iommi, Adrain Smith!,(look at the clues) Jon Lord, John Sykes, Phil Collen, who knows but its fun guessing! any o;)ther suggestions,

How close are we now David?

• So, I think we are red hot on Kevin Shirley. It could be a question if the other musicians are U'S' based or not if they have got together in the studio already.

I think there could be members of Chickenfoot. I'd also agree and throw Sykes and Iommi into the mix. I would not rule out Jimmy Page either or possibly Jon Lord, now wouldn't that be something.

Whoever or whatever it is I hope it goes MEGGA for Glenn and he's out playing large sell out venues again, the boy deserves it. Oh and I hope he plays bass as well.

• How close are we now David?

Like I said, I'm staying out of it, but it's fun lurking on this one :p :)

You can just tell me in a private message David. I'm sure that I won't tell any of the others ;) I enjoy reading the posts. I think sometimes not knowing what Glenn is doing is as fun as knowing what he's doing. I was thinking however, that with Dio ill and with ozzy's constant state of uncertainty, it sure might be giving Tony Iommi some extra time to finally pursue a record and a tour w/ Glenn :confused:
    peace,

• Wolfy knows his onions, the mention of Kevin Shirley and the Black Crowes got me thinking, maybe Glenn's goin' down an earthy,bluesy,rock 'n' roll road.

• Kevin Shirley had this to say:

Hi there - well my post yesterday started an inaccurate internet rumor, which spread like wildfire, even being picked up by the official Gibson site. Many people emailed and I corrected them, but the big guns just had to run with it and wait for the keywords to hit the internet search engines so they'd get traffic to their sites.
    There's no supergroup planned with fifty guitarists recording, I'm sorry.
    If you believed that, go on and blush. Over my long career I have been very fortunate to work with some of the best in the world, and soon I'm going to record one of the pioneers. That's what's so exciting! But, as I said before, news when I can. The "supergroup" is just a four piece, and we have an exploratory recording session early next year. And that's all. Now, no blogging.... go and get the veggies for Thanksgiving, lay the table, get the kids some ice-cream... and enjoy the holidays with your family. For those of you living outside the U.S., go back to work - you shouldn't be blogging at the office anyway!!! :)

And whoever the guitar legend ishe's talking about, he'll be recording him in DECEMBER while the supergroup likely involving Glenn is recording in JANUARY.

The supergroup is a four piece , there won't be a bunch of guitarists. I'd like to see Sykes involved in this and I guess there's a chance of that although I have no idea who could be the drummer. Matt Sorum was a good suggestion though since VR seem to be on a hiatus. I doubt anyone from Chickenfoot will be involved.

• Ok, Kevin Shirley has said on his site he will be working with one of the pioneres of the guitar world!! in January. It will be a 4 peice supergroup situation.

On Jeff Becks site it has a news headline running saying, "exciting news to be announced soon......

So Glenn, Jeff Beck and who else?????? wow this has really got me thinking, would be great to see Glenn back in the big league where he belongs and get some main stream recognition :rolleyes:

• my early front runner was John Sykes, but i get the impression from Glenn's twittering[waffling???] that it will be a BIG name. To me that leaves someone like Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and another who has just come into my head Dave Navarro, who of course featured on Soul Mover. Let's hope the real deal is as fun as the guesswork! :)

• my early front runner was John Sykes, but i get the impression from Glenn's twittering[waffling???] that it will be a BIG name. To me that leaves someone like Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and another who has just come into my head Dave Navarro, who of course featured on Soul Mover. Let's hope the real deal is as fun as the guesswork! :)

How is Dave Navarro a big name? Appearing on TV doesn't make you a guitar legend. Jeff Beck would be awesome though. Glenn has always said he'd love to work with Jeff.

• ..maybe Iommi again with full tour this time,or black Sabbath.

Genesis hmm :huh:.....Jeff Beck :eek:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!