• :singer: Ok so G is really teasing us now over on Twitter! Who is excited about news of recordings? And does anybody have any ideas? It's a collaboration with somebody who is a top name, but who? I guess all will be revealed before too long but we can have fun guessing! Answers on a postcard!!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• as we discussed yesterday, Joe Bonamassa seems the obvious one but Glenn says he wants to rock, and Joe is more blues so i think not. I don't know maybe him and John Sykes are going to reform/create a new version of Blue Murder! Or will it be a bigger name than Sykes [sorry John].

See you Sunday!

Paul

• Blackmore has got out his Strat and turned it up to 11! ;) :D

ok, maybe not but im really intrigued.

and whos "the greatest hard rock producer on the planet" posted an hour ago? :huh:

Nick R?
    Bob Rock?
    Brendan O’Brien?

hey, i dont know any producers really.

Glenn's production of his last few solo albums has been top notch anyway.

STOP THE TEASING GLENN!!! :eek:

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Yes Mr. Hughes is being very cheeky about "writin' some new songs for ?", "2morrow i will be in the Studio with ? Can't say who, sorry" and "on my way to Malibu to work with possibly the greatest hard rock producer on the planet...?". No idea who he is referring to since there are plenty of big names in L.A. but I hope he is having fun.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• My guess is Rick Rubin with Glenn guesting on the new RHCP album.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• yeah rhcp would be great exposure but not hard rock.

I hope it is not backing vox on a motley crue album.

What hard rock band could be making a new studio album right now that would make some sort of impact. Black Sabbath?

I would hope for Jeff Beck, but he's beyond hard rock.

Van Halen could be something, but I think Chickenfoot is more of a possibility.

Hagar Smith, Anthony, Satriani, Hughes (HSASH) Yep that is it.

Chad Smith Quote in some recent interview:
    "We all have this love for early '70s hard blues-rock music that mostly came out of England: Cream, Humble Pie, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin," said Smith, 47. "That's kind of the jumping-off point. We just kind of wrote music that everyone could be themselves on and do their own thing on."

Glenn could definitely give this band the extra oomph it lacked on the debut album.

• The natives are getting restless! I am afraid someone might put Glenn into a headlock or give him a wedgie if he doesn't give more details :D

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

• Mutt Lange, maybe, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Forienger, AC/DC to name a few!

What is this "voice of rock tour" ? if it was just Glenn then it would be another GH tour. Thefore he is either joining a band, or touring with select few artists umm !! I think this has all come together quite late as G was only talking about recording a new album a few weeks ago,

Someone somewhere must know something hey David!!! when can we expect an announcement? :huh:

• Mutt Lange was the obvious producer I thought of, and also RHCP are supposed to be back recording in Novemebr so that was another thought,also G has recently worked with Joe Bonamassa so is there a link with this? He mentioned lunching with the wife of Aiden from Iron Maiden today on twitter - could this be a clue? There are way too many choices here, I don't know which basket to put my eggs in. This is so exciting though! Is the solo album still in the pipeline though at some point in time? Hopefully so - we love you Glenn for you just as much as this collaboration news excites us. xx

• i thought of Mutt but he would over-produce it and mess with Glenn's style in my opinion.

My personal choice would be Kevin Shirley - Journey, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Black Crows etc.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• The 'Thin Lizzy Breaks Up' topic is back to life - maybe you are onto something with John Sykes! If you were to do a Glenn Hughes/John Sykes connections thought shower there'd be a flood even Noah would struggle with! Maybe Paul you are onto something - we shall see!

• I sure hope it's someone like Sykes or maybe Norum :thumbup:

I am just glad Glenn wants to rock again for awhile! :cool:

I really do love his funky stuff alot :bow: but really miss the rock

side also so I am really excited now! :clapper:

Galleyfan :thumbup:

SCOTT

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!