Lucky Joe runs in to Pat Thrall

• Got the following from Andy Aledort's fan page. Andy Aledort is a super guitar instructor an d always on Guitar World:

• Speaking of Guitar World-I like the magazine, but it's a shame in that mag you never read about guys like Pat Thrall, Bolin, Lukather, Morse. It's always Slayer, Kirk Hammet, (metallica seem like they are featured 5 times a year) tuned down cookie monsters, etc...At least there was a Blackmore article a few months ago.

• My brother calls a lot of the speed metal his stepsons listened to "monster music" in regard to the gruff bellowed vocals....So John's " tuned down cookie monster" line is a riot....and very true!

Eddie Van Halen was once grumbling in an interview about having to tune down to D to accommodate David Lee Roth's vocal range; he went on to make a comment along the lines of "the low string is E because it sounds good that way".....When Sammy was the lead singer they had to take "Jump" up in key because he sounded like Frank Sinatra singing it in the original key

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I have to agree with Thrall about the nobody cares if you can play or not. Very sad. I grew up in the 70's, when it was important to be able to play, and solos had to be good. I feel like a dinosaur now, and it's really depressing to see the crap bands that show up nightly on Letterman, filled with people who can't sing, write, or play. Hey look, it's Justin Beiber! How embarrassing must it be to be an adult musician playing in Beiber's band? The mind boggles at the state of music today. I'm just glad I grew up in the sixties so I was at least exposed to good music WHILE it was happening. Regardless, I still play in a band and duo and I'm not about to give it up.

• Pats right on the money about the state of things,no one cares if you can play or fake your way thru three chords,really sad!!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!