Made In Europe Remaster!?

• I'm big fan of live live albums, but Made in Europe is an exception, I like it a lot despite how much it is edited. It and Live in London were my introduction to MK III so they have a really special place in my collection... :)

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• The MiE intro to 'You Fool No One' when Mr Paice opens the song and the band kicks in ..... Far better than anything on MiJ.

I would agree especially when Glenn kicks in with the funky bass line. As for MiJ... Highway Star gives me the same goose bumps as You Fool No One... turn 'em both up LOUD!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Made in Europe has to be a double album, with nice extended booklet, finally. For me this album was the classic Purple livealbum in the seventies Bring out the anniversary vinyl edition ;) in 2017!

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• From the DPAS site:

Deep Purple at The California Jam as the show finishes ..... what a tale.
    We are told that the Mark 3 documentary looks like it be released later this year.
    Fingers crossed!

When they announced it for early 2015 it was pretty confirmed it would have come out, and it didn´t. So the "looks like" probably means in another 2 years...

• Postponed, yet again. This is the most boring thread I have ever started

This was a very historic moment for the band - The final shows of Deep Purple Mark 2 in Japan 1973. No one knew at the time that Roger Glover had been fired. This is all covered in the next documentary that is being prepared for release, covering the Mark 3 period. We are hopeful of an early 2018 release.

David any word on wht this is taking so long? What is wrong?

• Until now,I was blissfully unaware of Glenn's vocal overdubs on Made in Europe.Though I acknowledge Glenn was called in during the MK4 days to add vocals to the Springfield show with a view to broadcasting that show at that time. All according to the sleeve notes in On The Wings of A Russian Foxbat Long Beach '76 Show.

• David can you give us a little update on the situation with MIE?
    Even Glenn is so secretive about it.
    Every semester we only hear "soon" as a rumour. The set has been completed for years now. Are the legal Deep Purple issues preventing release? Or is it just Universal who are holding it back for another reason?

• Thanks David for the reply.

Yes we are all aware of the legal issues regarding the Purple 68-76 catalog. But since the DPAS has many times stated and posted on FB that release was about to happen soon (as well as a very reliable source of mine)... I took those "soons" seriously.

• I have compared the MIE CD with the Live In Paris and Live In Graz CD recently.
    Am I dumb, or is MIE in fact Live In Saarbrücken? For me it seems, that the whole album is only from this sole concert.

• I have compared the MIE CD with the Live In Paris and Live In Graz CD recently.
    Am I dumb, or is MIE in fact Live In Saarbrücken? For me it seems, that the whole album is only from this sole concert.

Mostly, but might have some frankensteined bits from others, like some tracks on Rainbow's On Stage, where one track is spliced from instruments recorded on several concerts.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!