Glenn's solo guitarists

• Jeff Kollman is up there, so is Luis Carlos Maldonado, JJ Marsh of course too, and his latest on the Euro gigs, Soren Andersen is impressive. Of the others, they haven't had much out there, but there's really not a bad one in the bunch :D

If you're looking for a list of recommended CD's, tell me what you have, so as not for me to be repetitive, as you no doubt have already, what I would be telling you to go take a listen too!

• Craig Erickson - Retro Blues Express (not bad)
    Mogg/Way - Chocolate Box (awesome)
    Richie Kotzen - Wave of Emotion (great)
    Richie Kotzen - Into The Black (good)
    Stevie Salas - Shapeshifter (ok)
    Sass Jordan - Rats (great)

• Wow, no mention of Marc Bonilla?! I think he pretty much trumps everyone else you mentioned. His 'American Matador' album is brilliant. Bonilla is so creative and emotive in his playing. My list would be...

Marc Bonilla
    JJ Marsh
    Jeff Kollman
    Craig Erickson
    George Nastos

I wasn't going to include Craig Erickson as Glenn's guitarist...they recorded together at one point, but they weren't band mates. Although Erickson did the Trapeze tour in 1994, as well as the Bolin tribute shows with Glenn. So they have worked together a number of times. Craig Erickson is an amazing guitarist. All of Glenn's guitarists have been. I think he would accept no less.

Todd

• They are all great players,but thomas larsson sounded the best to me,And Glenn worked recently with Alex Beyrodt and he's stunning as well

• Jeff Kollman is the man. Cosmosquad is wonderful.
    Jeff is just a straight up excellent guitarist. JJ Marsh was also a very solid guy. I see Todd mentioned Bonilla who is impressive in his own right.
    Let's not forget other guitarists who have played with Glenn:
    Pat Thrall and Ronnie Montrose ( tribute shows).

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• I love Kollman's dynamism. Maldanado's Bolin styles also work for me. Bonilla's work on Addiction was superb. JJ was/is a fine songwriter. Sometimes guitarist and songwriter don't mix very well. JJ got it. But you are right. Glenn doesn't settle for also rans. Lots of name bands are opting for tribute band musos e.g. Steve Adler of Guns n Roses. Cheap but nope.

• Jeff's last solo effort "Live Guitar Screams" is a fabulous platter that just explodes out of your player with dynamic technical prowess. Jeff actually tones it down when he is playing with Glenn.

Jeff is playing at the Baked Potato in Van Nuys this friday Aug 21st.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I haven't said anything here, since Jeff is the only one that I've seen and that makes me biased. I can at least echo the fact that everything I have bought by Jeff has been really good. I also really like his live album ( showing age ), he has a really good cover of "Fool for your stockings" on there. I also have JJ's "Planet Marsh" and enjoy that one a lot as well.
    peace,

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!