Looking for chords for Coast to Coast

• Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm Looking for chords for Coast to Coast. The ones posted on the Glenn Hughes website are different than the ones I see him play in a couple different videos. Just trying to get at those Ive seen him play. Specifically I seen it on the Live in Australia DVD. Ive only seen the first two chords and need help with the rest. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks much!

• This is how it sounds on You Are The Music:
    Formatting may be a bit off

Verse:

=========
    Emaj7 x 2
    =========
    0-0-0

=========
    Dmaj7 x 2
    =========
    0-0-0

=========
    Cmaj7 x 2
    =========

Am7 x 2
    X02010

(Back to top)

Bridge
    And if I try...
    Am7
    Soon it will
    Cmaj7
    Show
    =========
    Emaj7 x 2
    =========
    0-0-0

To keep me strong...
    Am7

And know that I've had times so goo-ood
    Cmaj7 Am7 Cmaj7

From Coast To Coast
    Emaj7 Cmaj7 Am7

Leaving the hard times behind

(Back to top)

Solo:

9th fret Pentatonic scale

• That sounds correct. I always played it with major chords but that didn't sound entirely right, the 7ths sound better now but my hearing is not trained well enough yet to recognize those chords.

• Hello all.

prafalik, after watching some videos I've concluded this is how Glenn plays it these days and I should mention his guitar is tuned to E flat in the video. You're better off playing along with the studio versions in standard tuning.

076444 054222 X32000 054000 (X02010 from EminenceGrise sounds better here compared to the original but if you watch that's not where Glenn puts his hand)

after "and if I try" is something like this in the video:
    X05(5/4)0X X320(1/0)X (I would lift my fingers on or off the notes in() :) 076444

"coast to coast" looks like this:
    022100 X54222 0354500

let me know what you think.
    your friend,
    JJK

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!