United Breaks Guitars

• How many of you remember the Samsonite commercials from back in the 70's? I watched the gorilla thrash the suitcase around his cage and think that was what happened to your baggage when it got thrashed on a trip. You put it on the belt at the ticket counter and it disappears through the curtain....only to be grabbed by that gorilla and beaten to a pulp.

I have a copy of Steve Howe's Guitar Collection book...he jokes that he could write another book about all the gear he has had stolen or damaged over the years. On the most recent Yes tour, he brought his ES-175 Custom out on the tour; it is a souped up, ornate 3-pickup ES-175 that Gibson built for him around the time of the "Drama" album. Gibson built two for him, the sunburst one he still owns and a blond version that was stolen at the airport not long after he got it.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• This is what we now get to pay extra for when we fly mmmmmmmmmm
    Have had luggage lost and recovered and only opened by Homeland Security on occasion (well I think every time I fly) :mad: but yet to find anything missing.
    See not being important helps sometimes :lol:
    Oh, and Bill, I DO remember the commercial and always thought it quite comical

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Fantastic country song!!!!!
    Did I say that?
    Thanks for finding this truly snappy tune, and posting it, David.

Yep, you put the gorilla in an orange jumpsuit, it's still a gorilla.
    Betcha' somebody around here is glad that it wasn't Southwest Airlines,
    and somebody else is happy that no New York area airports were involved :lol:

Although those "2 orange guys" in the video seemed somewhat familiar
    from the "meet and greet" pictures frequently seen around here.

Here's the commercial.....I remembered it as Samsonite luggage, too :eek:

[ame='

- TV commercial film for American Tourister Luggage 1970[/ame]

axmuremoticon.gif

• just got done hearing the guy that made this video on the radio -he said that he talked to about 100 customer reps for united who all told him that they didnt have the authority to reimburse him till he finally talked to someone in chicago that told him he didnt have nothing coming-so he decided to make the video and basically embarassed them into calling him and paying him

• This is great..it has even made the "Hello Jet Blue" employee intranet page. United deserves every single shred of embarrassment they are getting out of this...the arrogant buggers! ;)

1970?? Was that ad campaign that long ago?? Damn.....I could swear it was more recent than that...my memory is starting to scare me!

Never underestimate the power of the Web!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I just saw a story about this on CNN. I bet they wished they would have just done the right thing in the first place now. I love it when someone sticks it to the "man". I wonder how many times something like this has happened to Glenn ? :confused:
    peace,

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!