Deep Purple History, Hits & Highlights '68-'76 DVD out now!

• This has well been covered over at Deep Purple's site here and here.

It's a 2-Disc Set that comes nicely packaged in a slipcase plus extensive booklet.
    Well worth purchasing, Glenn is featured prominently on the MKIII+MKIV material.
    The set also includes recently discovered Super-8 material from the Made in Japan Tour.
    Excellent quality. Pity you only get to see snippets from each era and not the whole shows - makes you wonder whether there might be more in the archives...
    Get it anyway!

Cheers,
    Christian

• I picked this up a few days ago, and at nearly five hours long it is an exhaustive collection of interviews and performances from all four of the early band lineups. Some of the footage included has been in circulation among traders for years, but there's a lot that I haven't seen before. And the booklet is chock full of great clippings and photos.

A few observations:

David Coverdale's mike stand bugs the hell out of me when I watch that old Purple footage. I wish it had been a straight stand like he used in Whitesnake, instead of the silly one he's swinging around. :p

Rod Evans' orange crushed velvet pants could not possibly have been in vogue. Ever. :eek:

Ian Gillan was rock solid, and at the top of his game.

Glenn started off great, and as we all know he's only gotten better as the years have gone by. Thankfully he no longer wears that white suit. Although he pre-dated Saturday Night Fever, so kudos for that. :D

To sum up, as Christian said, GET IT!

Cheers....Todd

• I think I'll skip this release. I usually buy all 'new' old Purple stuff but I'm highly disappointed the Japan '75 show isnt in there in it's 'entirely' . Yes and I'm refering to the 30 minutes which was available on the commercial video release in the early eighties....not even the full show.

• Might be of interest to some :cool: Here's the updated artwork for the DVD release that includes covers and additional liner notes... don't have the disc myself, but most of the material scattered around other places :)

It's being released through Eagle Vision in November, which prompted the updates...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!