"Cry" by Glenn Hughes (lost song?)

• In Glenn's 2000 interview with Troy Wells, Glenn refers several times to a new song called "Cry" that he was very high on. It doesn't seem to be on his next album "Building the Machine" (2001). What happened to that song? Was it retitled and I know it under another name or is it now part of Glenn's growing archives?

• How curious...I just stepped over the video [ame='

']"To Cry You A Song (Jethro Tull Tribute) 1996"[/ame] and was looking for some more informations in this forum when I found this thread. Maybe it's that "lost song"? It's part of the album "To Cry You A Song (A Tribute To Jethro Tull)".

It was also recorded in 1996 with Tony Iommi on "Eighth Star" with the title [ame='
    ']"Shaking My Wings"[/ame] but referring to the comments below the video this was the only song on that album where Tony Iommi wasn't involved.

Hey Sherlock, how am I doing? Greetz, Watson :p

That's it - hopelessly addicted to the voice from Cannock... 8)

• Hmmm...yes...4 years difference is too much. I just googled the interview and think it might be this one, great interview by the way.
    The story behind "Cry me A Song" with different titles is also mentioned ;)
    So that's definitely another "Cry" and maybe it wasn't finished and only Glenn himself can answer what happened to this song.
    Unless...lioness: what do your antennas say?

• So that's definitely another "Cry" and maybe it wasn't finished and only Glenn himself can answer what happened to this song.
    Unless...lioness: what do your antennas say?

My antennas say that your search will lead to nothing and that you should ask Glenn himself when you see him in London ... you lucky cow ;) :D

Talking about cry: You'll find some pics of Glenn with Hungarian Purple cover band CRY FREE on this site:

http://www.myspace.com/cryfree96/phot…22%3A2840167%7D

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• My antennas say that your search will lead to nothing and that you should ask Glenn himself when you see him in London ... you lucky cow ;) :D

Yeah...yeah...yeah! 
    Come to London as well! I buy you a drink (or two) if you do! There are still some good seats available. Get one and book a cheap flight before it's too late!
    (If I don't forget and have the chance I will ask about "Cry" - like: "I would really cry if your next tour with band won't be Europe again in spring...apropos "Cry": I heard you had a song...") ;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!