Ermstal Open Air 2009 Germany

• 80min Soundcheck, 40min Music. Many people going home. All other Festival Bands playing great.
    Glenn say: it is not so good.
    Set List.
    Stormbringer
    -Break new soundcheck
    Stormbringer
    Might Just Take Your Life
    Sail away
    Mistreated
    Getting Tighter
    -Drum Solo
    Getting Tighter cont.
    End, no encore

:confused:
    I hope, today is better with Glenn by Demon`s Eye.
    Klaus

• My buddy and I saw Glenn for the first time. And when he came onstage I was blown away by his agility. The band started with an awesome Stormbringer. I noticed that Glenn constantly was talking to the technicians during the song. But after the second chorus, what was that, Glenn throw his bass away on the ground and left the stage (!!!). I was shocked! The technicians started some new calibrating, which took some minutes. Glenn with now his bass on again came back onstage and said, there where some problems with the delay. Then again Stormbringer. Might Just Take Your Life and Sail Away followed...mindblowing! The funk was in the air. Then Glenn announced Alex. He started his Mistreated guitar intro. Better than the original, I thought. Then the whole song and the "Hard Soul" finish. Glenn mentioned sometime (don't know when anymore) that he was somehow sick. But I couldn't notice any lacks in his performance. But it was very cold and during the songs Glenn coughed very hard (of course standing off the mic). Then Gettin' Tighter. Now my buddy started to sing along with me, as I did from the first verse of Stormbringer on (:)). The drum solo from Wolf Simon came inbetween. After the song ended Glenn finished the evening to early with "I don't want get any sicker" and left the stage. Wow!?! My buddy and I drove back home... (Please apologize the quality of the pics.)

• Hi Klaus and Michael, Glenn wanted me to respond to you both directly...also, thanks for your report and pix :thumbup:

The doctor told me not to perform at this event... I tried, but I was ill + the abysmal production of the local crew; ie: the 80min soundcheck...yeah people we're leavin' it was freezin' and then all the problems we had on Stormbringer, forcin' us to leave the stage.

It was impossible for me to deliver an appropriate show...I had a fever, and was dizzy...I should never have gone on.

G

• although your concert was little to short and despite your illness, I want to say: You were great! Thank YOU so very much. I do not have so many possibilities to see you performing, due to the fact that you aren' t able to come to Germany so often. I loved especially the Mistreated-vocal gymnastics and the Gettin' Tighter-intermediate part (Dance To The Rock'N'Roll & I Know That You Love Me). If you can remember, I was the guy on your left singing and screaming as much as possible. You are my idol as much as the great Mel Galley, whom I once met and talked to about you. See you next time in South Germany!!!

• Bad luck guys,

You know I've seen quite a lot of time GH, for me he's one of the world most exciting performer of the world, his funk is amazing ... I never see a bad show from Glenn, and I'm sure he was great during this short set he was amazing

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!