Alive Drive NOW AVAILABLE

• Yesterday I wanted to show it to a friend, but all I got was the preview of the Boston video and the advertisments for Varvatos, Yamaha & Gibson. The content window on top does not show anything except a blank grey field!? :huh:

I haven't run across this Christian, but from what I understand, if an update is in progress, no matter how major or minor, at the very same moment you plug the AD in, odd behaviour, such as you experienced, can happen. Obviously, if it's consistently happening to you, then it would be due to some other issue.

As for the status of the Wolverhampton gig(s) which are due to be online today; I'm now told there is a delay in getting them to the online NFF streaming servers, due to a technical issue, but that should be resolved soon and the gig(s) should be available for streaming, shortly after that.

The Alive Drive isn't under my control, so I can't give you any more exact information, other than what is provided to me, so in this case, I'm just the messenger.

But more when I have it or hopefully confirmation, that it's streaming away successfully :cool:

• mine seems to be working properly. I have not seen anything about the new download though. I wonder (David) what process it is to get to the download ? will a link or option show up, a button to click, or will it automatically happen when we plug in? will it have some sort of "new download available" message ?
    peace,

• mine seems to be working properly. I have not seen anything about the new download though. I wonder (David) what process it is to get to the download ? will a link or option show up, a button to click, or will it automatically happen when we plug in? will it have some sort of "new download available" message ?

When it's available; it will appear when the drive is next plugged in and it will be found in the "Concert" section as an available stream. This is being streamed remember, so you'll need an internet connection to view it.

• No Robin 2 in mine, how do we access it.

Please read the earlier post ;) But to repeat...

As for the status of the Wolverhampton gig(s) which are due to be online today; I'm now told there is a delay in getting them to the online NFF streaming servers, due to a technical issue, but that should be resolved soon and the gig(s) should be available for streaming, shortly after that.

The Alive Drive isn't under my control, so I can't give you any more exact information, other than what is provided to me, so in this case, I'm just the messenger.

But more when I have it or hopefully confirmation, that it's streaming away successfully :cool:

By the way, welcome aboard ledbill :thumbup:

• Chrisloeb, the only problem i have is when i am watching the official bootleg gig. I cant advance it using the bar at the bottom.
    When i try to it just goes back to the beginning

Anyone else find this?

SM05
    X:confused:

• Not good news I'm afraid, but here is the latest update I've received on the status of the video stream of the Wolverhampton shows...

Due to some minor technical issues, The Robin 2, Wolverhampton video stream has been delayed; but will be ready soon. We are sure you will be happy with the outcome, which will include both audio and video elements from both performances from the weekend.

Stay tuned!

More as I get it.

Meantime, keep the usability feedback coming, as I'm passing it along directly, so hopefully they can be addressed sooner rather than later. Although, please keep in mind, some issues are going to be unique to your computer setup; conflicts do occur, so oddities can appear for many different reasons. Just keep that in mind, if your particular issue doesn't get addressed at some point.

Cheers.

• Meantime, keep the usability feedback coming, as I'm passing it along directly, so hopefully they can be addressed sooner rather than later. Although, please keep in mind, some issues are going to be unique to your computer setup; conflicts do occur, so oddities can appear for many different reasons. Just keep that in mind, if your particular issue doesn't get addressed at some point.
    Cheers.

Thanks for passing on the feedback, David! :thumbup:

3rd day now with the blank grey field instead of the Menu. This is odd, especially since it used to work in the beginning :eek:
    I haven't changed anything in the setup of my computer, and I've even cleared the cache and everything just to make sure everything runs smoothly...
    I have attached a screenshot to show the trouble to the world... ;)

Cheers,
    Christian

• OK, thanks Christian, I've sent along your screen shot, that helps. I don't want to get into troubleshooting here ;) but if you're able, try plugging it into a different computer, whether at work or home, friends house, etc. If it behaves the same; it's drive specific, if not, then something in your computer setup is obviously the cause of the issue. It might also resolve itself, when the AD is updated. Meantime, try plugging it into a different computer first.

• I got mine today, I appear to be having the same problem, running on a mac nothing happens when I click on the concerts etc. I can only get the footage and two tracks on the USB drive.

Any help would be appreciated I cant wait to take it for a spin.

Regards Andy

• I got mine today, I appear to be having the same problem, running on a mac nothing happens when I click on the concerts etc. I can only get the footage and two tracks on the USB drive.

I ran into an issue on the MAC side with the "Concerts" section too. When you plug it in...wait a couple of minutes (don't touch anything...leave it at the "Concerts" section, where it goes by default when plugged in) and after a short while, the stream will appear and play fine. I've reported this issue for MAC users. Let me know if that works for you...initially, it just requires a bit of patience!

As for your other problems, haven't seen those on my end. The other items such as Photos, Music and Video are streamed as well, so again I suggest you wait it out after you select them. As I mention in the demo, it's dependent on your internet connection speed how quickly things appear.

Having said all that, all the problems so far have been reported, and I'm assured they will be addressed soon.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it comin' :thumbup:

• On a slightly different note, I would have liked to see Glenn's name written in some other color ( maybe something like...purple) rather than the yellow that is used now. with the yellow, it's too hard for me to read his name (even w/ my glasses on).

I still think that no matter what, it's a great idea and a great thing to have. I think Glenn is doing something groundbreaking here as far as giving fans access to such a cool way to access their favorite artists. I don't know of any other artist doing this, although I do remember the Stones recently doing something similar, I think.
    peace,

• I tried it in a laptop with Ubuntu running - didn't like it
    and wouldn't start up. I don't have the actual error messages, and it could be my installation is lacking some Linux packages. It could re-produce the error messages if anyone was interested, in a geeky kind of a way :lol:
    Works fine with windows.

Any help would be appreciated I cant wait to take it for a spin.

Regards Andy

:hi2:
    :claphands:bow::claphands:bow::claphands:bow:

Thanks to the AD god's, today my AD is up and running, 1st impressions:-

1) Cracking bit of kit
    2) Can't wait to see how it develops over time

What next holographic Glenns bursting out of the screen into our living rooms?

Bring it on! :clapper: :bye:

• I tried it in a laptop with Ubuntu running - didn't like it
    and wouldn't start up. Works fine with windows.

Yes, it's Windows & MAC compatible only.

Thanks to the AD god's, today my AD is up and running

Pleased to hear you had better luck today.

• I'm still waiting to get my own laptop back from the repair people and can;t plug anythign in on my worklaptop as it is set up to reject it! Very frustrating as i want to check it out! I really need to start complaining about how long they've had it - just don't get time during workign hours!!! Grrrr!!!! Hope everyone is enjoyign their AD's!!!!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Hi,

I have just received, it is great, but I Think it will take a week to know how it works :lol:

Cheers.

Pere

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!