• Way off topic here - not even in the music realm - but I have to share this...the new STAR TREK film is amazing! Truly, it sets a benchmark for science fiction films to follow. It's emotionally gripping, the acting is great, the FX are a spectacle to behold and the story is enthralling. The film should appeal to lifelong Trekkies and casual moviegoers alike. If the following trailer doesn't stir an intense desire to see it, you must be dead inside ;) No, really.

[nomedia='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4vk5OZmn8']YouTube - Star Trek - Official Trailer 3 [HD][/nomedia]

Cheers....Todd

• Wow Todd - got me all excited then I click on the video & get 'embedding disabled by request' !!! :eek:
    Does that mean I've got to 'boldly go where no man's gone before' ?!
    :lol:

• Hmm, that's weird. I only posted the link, I didn't intend to embed the clip in my post...not sure why the video itself popped up in my post. Does it do that automatically?

Anyway, go to YouTube and type in Star Trek. Then check out the clip titled 'Star Trek - Official Trailer 3'.

Cheers...Todd

• Wow!!! :claphands
    Now all I've got to do is persuade my long-suffering, Trekkie hating, better half to go to the movies to watch it!!! :lol:

• Way off topic here - not even in the music realm -
    but I have to share this...the new STAR TREK film is amazing!

Todd ~ this is a shocking post! :eek:

How dare you post this message about the new "Star Trek" movie on gh.com?
    It's not like there's a music sound track to this movie, or anything like that,
    that we music fans (Glenn included) would enjoy watching and listening to.

Uhhhh...wait a minute.....
    I seem to remember that our boy wrote a snappy tune entitled: "Galaxy to Galaxy." :)
    OK.....I guess that if you finagle things around, your post fits the "Off Topic" category.

It's not like you posted a "You Tube" video........from the OST of a Korean TV series.
    www.glennhughes.com/fanforum/showthread.php?t=6139 :hi5:

• I don't want too much of a spoiler so only watched a minute. That was enough to convince me. Don't really go to much movies, but this looks really good.

• Hey Ben, if we were neighbors Jaynie would have no problem finding another Anti-Trekkie to hang with for the ywo hours or so you are off in Fantasy World.

Todd, I know you love this stuff, so I am sure it was great for you; for me it would be a solid waste of time.
    But let me add, I have been to the movie theater five times in 30+ years :D

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• the last 2 films we saw at the pictures were Hotel For Dogs and Beverly Hills Chihuahua!

next up is probably Coraline.

Todd, two mates in my office saw the new Trek film on release day and loved it.

Currently listening to Cant Fight This Feeling, REO Speedwagon

• Yeah, movies just don't work for me John. My last five are Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Forest Gump, Beavis and Butthead Do America and Austin Powers. I left The Butthead movie early since it was even dumber than the idea of going to it, but until Gump Apocalypse Now was the last movie I saw in a theater.

• Frank, i would have expected you to have seen at least one of the following:

Bull Durham
    Field of Dreams
    The Natural
    A League of Their Own

:thumbup:

Currently listening to Way Back To The Bone, Trapeze

• Wolfy, I cannot watch Baseball movies, they are too contrived and I just look for errors and inconsistencies in them all. Saw "Field of Dreams" on TV after having played a ballgame with Kevin Costner as our Shortstop ( over 40 league), and that was pretty good, but otherwise...nah.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!