Whitesnake opening for Judas Priest

• Just saw that WHitesnake will be touring the USA this Summer opening for Judas Priest. Some of the venues look like they wouild be awesome, especially in Phoenix where they will be at the Dodge Theater. There is quite a mix from 19,000 seats to 6,000 seaters throughout the tour. Should be a blast.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• first time i saw judas priest they opened for ufo-about a 3rd of the people walked out when priest finished their set

• Priest always puts on a good show, but if this is the "Nostradamus" in it's entirety gig then I don't know. Have seen JP numerous times and will catch one of these show, but will definitely be there early to enjoy Whitesnake.

• Priest always puts on a good show, but if this is the "Nostradamus" in it's entirety gig then I don't know. Have seen JP numerous times and will catch one of these show, but will definitely be there early to enjoy Whitesnake.

That's going to be next year :clapper: This year is 'Britsh Steel' front to back.

• thats if you enjoy seeing Coverdale past his best and letting his band and the audience sing the words instead of him :( :singer: :(

currently listening to Rose Tattoo

For someone listening to "Rose Tatoo".....:D
    Yeah Paul, I know he is way past prime, but if I decide on Phoenix over Tampa the arena will be a great positive for DC. Of course if another former Deep Purple singer were to grace the stage with WS.....wishful thinking :D

• Yea, I would've thought it should've been Judas Priest supporting Whitesnake...

Not exactly the same sort of music either is it - I wouldn't have thought that fans of one would necessarily be fans of the other.

Never actually seen Whitesnake - would probably want to have been the Moody-Marsden version if I did though.

Did see Judas Priest once back in about 1978 I think it was at Wolverhampton Civic Hall. They were never my favourite band but I enjoyed the show. Dissident Aggressor and Beyond The Realms Of Death are probably the tracks of theirs I like best.

• Seeing this show in Mansfield, can't wait. I know the bands are the most compatible for most people, but I'm glad they are touring together. Love both bands.
    :bouncer:

• I'll also be in Mansfield on July 7th; scored 2 VIP box seats w/ VIP access & parking for total of $90 on StubHub :cool:

This show should be a great one, although hearing reports that Coverdale's voice is shot.

• Why is DC letting this torture continue? Sorry but I feel damn sure I'd give it all a miss if I ever saw a bill which said Def Leppard or Judas Priest were on a higher bill. If you check out the cast on youtube of Download 2009 you will note the non participating crowd.These were bands that were IMHO never fit to shine DC's shoes in the hey day. God I hope he sees sense soon.

It's torture for a fan too who saw the Marsden Moody line up too. These were great days as was the 1987 MTV stuff. But this? I saw Priest in 1978 and the support band Marseille (featuring UK TV presenter Neil Buchanan and since reformed) blew them off.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!