Glenn covers Beatles!

• That's right Naoki, a project he worked on with his good friend, Billy Sherwood. There is also a Christmas themed project on Cleopatra Records that is being produced by Billy ("Cleopatra Tribute to Christmas") and it will also feature a song from Glenn..."O Holy Night".

Meantime, here's a brief sample of "Let It Be"...the album it's taken from, "Abbey Road - A Tribute To The Beatles", is also now available from Apple's iTunes Music Store :cool: where of course, each track can be bought separately, if desired ;) :D

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObj…bum?id=305381896&s=143441

• Wow,as usual Glenn sounds great! :claphands

Have sampled the other tracks & it certainly seems a very 'true' tribute to The Beatles ie the artists don't seem to be putting their own slant/deviating on these classic songs..........err,why not buy/stick with the originals?
    :huh:

• Have sampled the other tracks & it certainly seems a very 'true' tribute to The Beatles ie the artists don't seem to be putting their own slant/deviating on these classic songs..........err,why not buy/stick with the originals? :huh:

Yeah. What's the point of copying a song so precisely that you cannot tell the original from the copy. Pointless really. There was an Iron Maiden tribute CD and that had great interpretations of the songs. Only bad one was Dream Theater who version was identical :huh:

• Yeah. What's the point of copying a song so precisely that you cannot tell the original from the copy. Pointless really. ... :huh:

I agree. Although many (most?) of the tribute versions sounded petty good, they too often suffer from a common malady that seems to afflict most people when they do a Beatles song: Acute Post-Fab Hyper-Reverence Disorder. They treat the songs with a seriousness that the Beatles never did, and it oftentimes takes all the life out of the song.

The Tangerine Dream version of "Tomorrow Never Knows" sounded like it might have potential (though it's hard to tell from a thirty second snippet).

My bother and mine's band recorded a couple of Beatles covers, and they sound very different from the originals. We love the Beatles music too much to treat it like some holy relic. The video, of our version of "Dear Prudence", can be seen/heard here: [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKopag_vgjQ']YouTube - Dear Prudence by Van Gogh[/ame]

• Oops! I thought I was just posting the URL. I apologize, if the video being in the post is a no-no -- it wasn't intentional.

Inevitably,
    Ricky
    :confused:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!