Stormbringer No. 2 on BBC Rock chart!

• The recently released 35th Anniversary remaster of Deep Purple's "Stormbringer" has entered straight in at No. 2 on the UK's BBC rock chart :cool:

Now we know Glenn did an awesome job on the remixes, so hopefully that had something to do with it :) Congratulations to Simon Robinson and everyone at dpas, they did a fantastic job on this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rockalbums.shtml

• "Stormbringer" has entered straight in at No. 2 on the UK's BBC rock chart

So......it seems as though there are lots of people who remember and love
    the Mk3 line-up, huh?

Then the five gentlemen in question had better be prepared to listen
    to an awful lot of whining for (if a world tour proves impossible to schedule,
    then at least).......a DP Mk3, one-time only, charity benefit, reunion concert.

And not all of the complaining, only coming from the Glenn Hughes Crazy People?
    Heh, heh, heh.

axmuremoticon.gif

• Great music never goes out of style, eh?

As for a Mk III reunion, I suspect getting Ritchie Blackmore out of his ren-faire shtick would be pretty difficult. He's pretty much married into it, now ;)

Anyway, remember what happened the last time Glenn mused about that? He probably doesn't want to bring up the subject again anytime soon :lol:

Anybody have this release yet? I've got a Japanese mini-sleeve edition of Stormbringer with great sound, so I'm not necessarily in a hurry to buy the album again for the 5th time or whatever it is now.

• There's seems to be no trace of this remaster from any online outlets here in the US, (even as a standard 17 dollar import) so I guess I'm stuck ordering it from Amazon UK and paying british pounds shipping too :(

• I always liked this lineup of Deep Purple.

I really like Made In Europe although it's too short.

Always felt that Mr Coverdale didn't really like sharing the vocal duties.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!